iOS Question Multi-Monitor freak out.

David Elkington

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not sure if anyone else is getting this, but I have a MacBook Pro with 3 monitors and quite often when I maximise Either a designer or B4i / B4A window, it freaks and pulls up a small black window and freezes the whole app. It tries to open a load of these small black windows and eventually I need to kill the whole task. This is a VM, but I have no problems with other windows programs...

Environment: MacBook Pro 64GB RAM, 4TB / M1 Max 10CPU, 32GPU running Parallels 17 Pro with Windows 11.
Monitors: Built in Liquid XDR, 2 x LG 27" Ultra HD running at 60Hz

Any pointers would be great, perhaps I will have to switch to coherence mode as I guess there are a lot of pixels here.

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I work without external monitors on my MacBook Pro, but I only notice when I open the project that the IDE takes a few seconds before you can use it, the same when I open the Designer.

Environment: MacBook Pro 32GB RAM, 1TB / M1 Pro 8CPU, 14GPU running Parallels 17 Pro with Windows 11.

Upvote 0

David Elkington

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have never had problems without monitors attached, it seems to snarl up when you try and resize the windows, I thought Coherence may help, but it is even worse. I had the same with my iMac Pro, so I though maybe it is running out of resources. I don't get the same issues when using the same setup for MS Access coding, so I think it is specific to B4X, I quite often get it when opening a designer window and max out a window.

Upvote 0