Bug? Multiple NotificationWindow popup boxes

simonwilliamson

Licensed User
Dear B4x,

At least once a day my B4i software is crashing and it requires a Task Manager 'End task' reset. It often happens when the Designer window is on a second screen. Is this something peculiar to my PC or is it a common issue?

Capture.PNG

Regards Simon.

simonwilliamson

Licensed User
Dear Erel,

Windows version: 10.0.18362.
No, my laptop is not using a Virtual Machine setup.
I have made the change to the .ini file (in the B4i folder) as the link suggests and will wait to see if that has fixed the issue.

Many thanks for such a quick response.

Regards,

Simon.

simonwilliamson

Licensed User
Dear Erel,

The program crashed twice today. Both times when I was trying to change the 'Device IP address'. No pop-ups appeared, the program just froze. Logs attached.

Regards,
Simon

Attachments

• log(crash on device IP change 2).txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 200
  • log(crash on device IP change).txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 200

simonwilliamson

Licensed User
Dear Erel,
It has crashed quite a few times today and this time there is something in the logs. I'm assuming as the log indicates 'out of memory' this is probably the cause?
I do have 15gb installed of which about 6.7gb is being used before I start B4i.

By the way, the B4x is a brilliant suite of software so thank you for creating it (along with your team) and being so dedicated to keeping it progressing.

Regards,
Simon

Attachments

• log - Copy.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 165

simonwilliamson

Licensed User
Dear Erel,

I guess it is larger than usual but it's not massive. It does often crash when I have more than one designer window open. It's an iPad application to process a business requirement. The iOS folder size is currently 15mb (if that relates to its size?).

If I open the main window and two Visual designer windows the memory usage hits between 500-700mbs

Regards,

Simon.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    28.1 KB · Views: 159

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess it is larger than usual but it's not massive. It does often crash when I have more than one designer window open. It's an iPad application to process a business requirement. The iOS folder size is currently 15mb (if that relates to its size?).
Doesn't sound too large. I can open here many designer windows at the same time and it never crashes. Might be related to the display driver.

simonwilliamson

Licensed User
It might be. I do have issues with other applications using the second monitor. They don't crash but I sometimes get some odd rendering on the screen.