B4J Question Multiple panes on Form

TomDuncan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,
Have a question related to design.
In Delphi if I have multiple forms that I wanted pasted onto my main form I would.
Create the form.
Create a base panel on my main form.
Then set the sub-forms parent to the one on the main form.

Anyway, with my latest app, I have 3 forms that I would like to show
on the same Master form. I do not want modal or any other types.

Or do I have to create all my panes on the main form, then hide and show to suite.

Tom

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there an example on the forum of adding and removing layouts using the New Internal Designer in B4J.

I'm able to do it but on removing the first from and add adding the second I'm getting errors but the 2nd form still displays and is usable

When I reload the original form, I'm having trouble filling in some of the (original) TextField values on it

I'm trying to incorporate the New Designer into an app that currently uses the Scene Builder screen designer and also uses modal forms

Upvote 0

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've changed to display the form as a Modal Form and am getting this error mesage which is similar to what I was getting before

B4X:
java.lang.RuntimeException: JSON Array expected.
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.collections.JSONParser.NextArray(JSONParser.java:62)
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.MenuItemWrapper$MenuBarWrapper.parseMenusJson(MenuItemWrapper.java:247)
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.NodeWrapper$ControlWrapper.build(NodeWrapper.java:863)
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.ComboBoxWrapper.build(ComboBoxWrapper.java:108)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.DynamicBuilder.build(DynamicBuilder.java:16)
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.LayoutBuilder.loadLayoutHeader(LayoutBuilder.java:113)
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.LayoutBuilder.loadLayoutHeader(LayoutBuilder.java:154)
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.LayoutBuilder.loadLayoutHeader(LayoutBuilder.java:154)
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.LayoutBuilder.loadLayout(LayoutBuilder.java:77)
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.PaneWrapper.LoadLayout(PaneWrapper.java:76)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.runMethod(Shell.java:563)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEventImpl(Shell.java:224)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEvent(Shell.java:156)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:93)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.ShellBA.raiseEvent2(ShellBA.java:82)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA$2.run(BA.java:165)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$170(PlatformImpl.java:295)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$$Lambda$48/692303464.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$171(PlatformImpl.java:294)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$$Lambda$47/1915503092.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$145(WinApplication.java:101)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication$$Lambda$36/1963387170.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Again the Form display and I can process the fields and exit the Form and return to the Main form

Soryy but the eroor message is well beyond my expertise in java code

Upvote 0

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, I missed the earlier message about the multiple screens. I can wait until you post some examples, what I've got works but it's pretty ugly.

I don't understand about the JSON String in the ComboBox but I'll look on the forum.

Thanks again for your invaluable help

Upvote 0

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've also (some time ago) solved the second screen problem and I'm pleased with the result

Thanks again for your help

Upvote 0