B4J Tutorial My B4J Packager - an extended version

This "My B4J Packager" started as the B4Jpackager provided by Erel. I have added the text entry fields for the extra things like, Menu Group, JavaVM Options (to set memory requirements), System Property definition, and extended the Vendor text to set the Publisher/Company fields for the installed program in Windows.

My B4J Packager also allows for multiple Projects. The settings for each project are stored individually. Changing the Project Name, (after 1 sec) the previously used settings for that project will be reloaded. Project settings are re-saved on a Build and program exit. Settings can be copied by simply entering a new project name.

The Build button and Progress Bar have been stylised a little, just because I could.
Also, added tool tips to help with text.

Fixed the BROWSE button fault when a previously defined file path no longer points to a valid path (things were moved). This was causing a program crash.

Hope people find it useful.
And, thanks to the great support provided by Erel and other in sorting out the little issues I had extending the B4J packager.

Don't Forget. You need to install Inno Setup. This is required by "javapackager" tool.
I used version 5.5.9
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isdlold.php#5
because I found that the current version of Inno Setup 6.02 did not work with javapackager 8_192

Updated to v2.01
- now supports "Create a Desktop Shortcut" option.

Attachments

• MyB4JPackager v2-01.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

appie21

Licensed User
Longtime User
I missed the archive library (that is why I ask for jar )

I can't wait to test (and use)

Last edited:

DavideV

Licensed User
Longtime User
[SOLVED]
Hello Starchild,
nice work, but it creates the installer only at the very first run (both the old and the new version 2.01) taking a minute or more, correctly. At the second attempt it finishes in few seconds saying 'Package built successfully' , then it opens the folder where the package should be located, but it is empty. No way to create a new package also cleaning all fields. Win 10 64bit , b4j V6.30

Edit 29/08/2018:
It works fine running your app from the source code, the package is created every time I hit the button to build it.
It doesn't work (in my case) running your app from the Jar inside 'object' folder.
I think the problem is the JDK installed on my PC, B4J points to java 8 installation while the standalone jar uses the java 10 installation

thanks
Davide

Last edited:

Starchild

Licensed User
Longtime User
[SOLVED]
Hello Starchild,
nice work, but it creates the installer only at the very first run (both the old and the new version 2.01) taking a minute or more, correctly. At the second attempt it finishes in few seconds saying 'Package built successfully' , then it opens the folder where the package should be located, but it is empty. No way to create a new package also cleaning all fields. Win 10 64bit , b4j V6.30

Edit 29/08/2018:
It works fine running your app from the source code, the package is created every time I hit the button to build it.
It doesn't work (in my case) running your app from the Jar inside 'object' folder.
I think the problem is the JDK installed on my PC, B4J points to java 8 installation while the standalone jar uses the java 10 installation

thanks
Davide

I have not experienced any problem like this for myself.
I suggest running "My B4J Packager" in DEBUG and observing the actual log report given by the JAVA packager itself.
This log info may point you in the right direction to resolving this.