B4J Question My EXE file obtained from "Build Standalone Package" open the Form but then close

rvalongo

Can anyone give me a help ?

When I run the EXE file (Terminal_01.exe) obtained from "Build Standalone Package", it opens the Form but then immediately close it.

I've also noticed that the JAR file obtained (Terminal_01.jar) do not run.

I've used the jSerial library in the program.

See the program attached.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Terminal.zip
    58.8 KB · Views: 67

vigor

Check out this solution

Upvote 0

rvalongo

Thanks for the reply @bdunkleysmith !

My solution was in this post:
Just downloaded the jssc.jar posted by the user techknight, then overwrite the one in the jSerial folder where the B4J program was pointing to (it points via Tools => Configure Paths => Additional Libraries).

Upvote 0

bdunkleysmith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry @rvalongo but I respectfully suggest that you are wasting your time applying that "old" solution because I'v been down that path (and some similar ones) when I suffered the same problem with my own applications using jSerial. The solution provided by @Erel at Tips and special cases 5. in this post Integrated B4JPackager11 - The simple way to distribute standalone UI apps was a blessing which is a persistent solution on any computer on which you use the exe to install the app on.

As per that post just put the attached jssc.dll file in the project folder and add:
B4X:
#CustomBuildAction: After Packager, %WINDIR%\System32\robocopy.exe, ..\ temp\build\bin\ jssc.dll

Upvote 0