My first approach to Android Studio

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe because this is the first start of the environment (with the creation of a first app with an empty Activity)
but it looks wonderful: it was ready in a couple of minutes only, not as the bad environment B4A that takes 2 seconds :D

[P.S. Sorry, I must make a correction immediately: after two minutes, it was not ready. 4 or 5 minutes were needed]

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
upload_2015-6-29_7-27-19.png

I don't know what "Gradle" is, but it takes only 1m 51s.

Erel, learn!

:p

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
You'll quit very soon, as I'am and get back to beauty of B4A.
I think that google devs hate the way they puted everything together .
85 layout folders
95 string folders
190 drawable folders
185 unnecessary functions that could by one
@override this @override that
this implement that which extends this one who was Final of extended first one...
And hay, wait for moment when you miss spell something, you'll get 100 pages off red letters which is telling you that you screwed up something and
you'll end up reading all that error report, and only then nothing's going to be clear.
And after half o hour you'll find that error by looking in to your code, and not from the bug report...
Don't tell me they could not make it easier. Look at the B4A.

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
???

I have already closed for a long time :D

[I was only curious and have little desire to do something really useful and necessary]
As I am, was just curious , and after half an hour, frustrated :D
I don't want to discourage you or anybody, that's only mine experience. Maybe I'm too stupid for android studio.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
so it's worse :) Eclipse took already ages to load and that UI to place buttons and stuff was buggy as hell.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know if html5 can deal with everything your phone has and it had some serious speed issues too.
(that's why most web games are still in Flash)

for a regular app it doesn't matter that much I guess.

coslad

Licensed User
Longtime User
At the moment the only one reason that push a b4x programmer to learn Android studio is that b4a is not directly compatible with the thousands of Android library and sdk ,but it needs to wrap that libraries. If Erel will implement that function... b4a will be the best of the best