iOS Question My FIRST B4i Game!! Mr. Bucket...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

this is my first B4i game, sorry for the unprofessional video its hard to record while holding 2 phones and also play this (hard) game..

its the same concept like swing chopters, i didnot add everything i have planned but its enough to show you what b4i can do (no game engine everything here is done via TIMER!)

have fun... (one more little thing, i am really bad in this game so thatswhy i cannot pass 2 (those red objects "dont know the english word for it :) ))

IMG_0039.PNG IMG_0040.PNG IMG_0042.PNG IMG_0046.PNG IMG_0045.PNG

BTW: this app took me 1 afternoon and 1 night so very quick (i guess), B4i is really a great tool !!

Last edited:

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations!
Let's see how long it take to Apple approve your game. I heard it's LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG time.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations!
Let's see how long it take to Apple approve your game. I heard it's LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG time.

about 2 weeks, but who cares i keep developing ... i have enough time :)

Impressive! Does it run at 60fps? It looks really smooth!

no because the timer is set to 30 ms that means max. 33 fps but thats enough, i tried with 20 ms and also smooth...

its not like LibGDX with a timer you are very limited i tired to put a simple for...next and result was horrible so you need to be very
creative with your code to get a smooth result... ;)

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Mr. Bucket now for all screen size available (in video Ipad2)

i found a simple way how to make the game fit to all screen size and it works fine (iphone 4 3.5" to Ipad2 10")
i am using in the designer only 1 variant (iphone 4 3.5" 320x480)

the only thing i could not change was the labels text size, i could not found label1.Textsize option in code, only changeable in designer, or am i wrong??

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
impressive!
and you are a good player.. sorry I couldn't follow the control and how the sprite moves left and right.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
a tap on the screen change the direction, he is moving via timer always to one side until u tap again. simple :)

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanx, only imageviews, i tried via canvas but result was not good (no game engine only timer)

i hope spritekit will be available for b4i so we can create really nice games via b4i..

Upvote 0

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Coding and testing similar game style: Tried with boxes (no images) and Timer and getting poor and jerky animation...;-( (more tests will needed ??)

Upvote 0