Android Question My images not visible in phone's gallery

Steven Bacchioni

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

My app stores images in a public folder called /Pictures/{my app name}.

When my app runs for the first time, I have it copy some sample images to this folder. My app can see these files , no problem.

If I open the phone's Gallery, manually or using my app to do so, none of my sample images appear. However, if I manually copy an image to the /Pictures/{my app name} folder, the copied image shows in the phone's Gallery when opened manually or using my app to do so.

The same happens for any subsequent images that my app stores in /Pictures/{my app name}
I have tried various folders and have the same result.

Thank you
Steve

Steven Bacchioni

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just done a check on a galaxy Ace II and it works fine... let me check my other phones and then I will update the tread.

Thanks
Steve

Upvote 0

Steven Bacchioni

Licensed User
Longtime User
Right, now I know how to solve the problem on the Galaxy AceII and Galaxy S4. But not on the Galaxy Note N7000.

I found that once the app is installed and working, the apps images are not visible in the Gallery. But if I manually copy a file from another location to the app's image folder, then the all the contents of my app's folder show in the Gallery. But this is not the case on the Galaxy Note N7000.

It seems that the gallery does not know about the app's folder until some manual action on the folder takes place.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks
Steve

Upvote 0

Steven Bacchioni

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel

I add the following few line and it works like a dream on all my devices.

Dim i As Intent
i.Initialize("android.intent.action.MEDIA_MOUNTED", "file://" & File.DirRootExternal)
Dim p AsPhone
p.SendBroadcastIntent(i)

Upvote 0