My plans for B4A in 2016

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The question is how do you want to make money from it?

Sell it will not work as people look more for free social apps.

Ads will also not work as you can see no social app got ads.

I really dont understand how is whatsapp making money???

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The ideia its get users
when we got 1m users we will make ad system, sell and show ads like facebook.

we spend a lot to spread this network (adsense,adwords, blablabla)
But later with some trafic and active users its easy to make money :)

rwblinn

Licensed User
Longtime User
2016 my 2 cents as a Hobbyist Developer

Two Keep On's
  • Enjoying, promoting & sharing around the B4J and B4A products
  • Exploring new - to mention Pine Project, Raspberry Pi any developments, TinkerForge Bricks ...

Two Wishes
  • Anywhere Software to keep the pace in bringing new & updates to their product suite
  • Meeting the great members of the forums in (so far non existing) events like (thinking loud) B4X Developers Days, local B4X Communities ...

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
- Release more apps
- Rewrite my website in B4J w/ ABMaterial

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope to find a solution to my age-old problem of converting a numeric value to analog (weight). then I can start playing with first steps
of analog computer. This is not ADC. it's rather a transformation between two worlds..

forget it :)

Ferbis

Licensed User
Longtime User
My plans for 2016 is to make B4A as a serious alternative of working just in case things go wrong with my actual job. This is what I called Plan B.

The only limitation I will have is my family that leaves little free time. :confused:

Of course, this appreciation is because there is a good product and a great community behind :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My plans for 2016 are:

* improve all old android apps (DONE!)
* create at least 5 ios and 5 android apps. (FAILED, i did only 2 ios and 3 Android apps :()
* make games that use box2d physics (for android) (FAILED, but will be my next project)
* find new clients (DONE!)
* make some free source code projects for b4x (DONE!)

2016 will end soon and i am not very satisfied with my achievements it is just the lack of time, i hope 2017 will be a little bit longer :p.

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan, great idea; checking how many initial plans for 2016 everyone have acomplished
1. Maybe not renew B4i (my Apple developer account had expired time ago and I've no projects for now on Apple platform) (DONE!)
2. Continue developing projects on B4J (my first developing package from now) (DONE!)
3. Renew B4A (pass B4J programs to B4A) (DONE!)
4. Go for ABMaterial seriously and buy a RPI (had an Arduino and like a lot but the IDE it's so awful that it's a pain programming on it) --> bye to PHP ...
FAILED -->Waiting for ABMAbstractDesigner ...
DONE --> Buy RPI an integrate app with B4A as client, B4J as server, Firebase mesagging, etc.. (and RETROPIE)
5. Like every year, study all the LibGDX stuff for develop a single/simple game !! FAILED again once more time !

I realize that I've acomplished only the easy ones !! ;)

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Mine is start publishing games.
The idea is making 4 games during 2016. So by march I should be releasing my very first game. So... hurry hurry!
And if I'm lucky I hope to see some money income from them...

Well done! You've released one complete game with over 100,000 downloads and your second game in early access is looking good for a pre-christmas release! (I hope). We'll just have to assume you've started to make some money from catapult.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a lot of plans but as usual they might collect dust once the proof of concept is there.

I managed to complete a few of these proof of concept apps and I might release a few others before the end of the year.

the released ones are maybe not really games for the wide public but I'm not complaining so far.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
2016 will end soon and i am not very satisfied with my achievements it is just the lack of time, i hope 2017 will be a little bit longer :p.

Same here, and I thought I was goning to release 4 games...

Well done! You've released one complete game with over 100,000 downloads and your second game in early access is looking good for a pre-christmas release! (I hope). We'll just have to assume you've started to make some money from catapult.

I hope to release the UFO very soon (just waiting for some money to start a launch campaign), and meanwhile I'm working in the platformer game. 2017 should be productive, as I have a lot of projects allready initialized, it's just a matter of finishing them!

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ads will also not work as you can see no social app got ads.

Facebook is full of ads (both website and Android app). They just disguise it like "sponsored feed".

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
knowledge is money, @ilan.

I bet whatsapp is selling some info to 3rd parties like most of these companies do.
(valid phone numbers for call centers?)

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
@sorex conspiracy theory....