B4J Question MySql Connector not working when compiled with B4JPackager11

Elby dev

Licensed User
Hi I need some help with my B4J Program which connects to a MySql database on a LAN Network. The Program works fine in Debug mode and Release mode.
But when Compiled with the standalone packager 11 it compiles ok but running it it show the following error:
com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
at b4j/com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(Unknown Source)
at b4j/com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(Unknown Source) (many more lines all the same 'Unknown S
I believe I need add some inclusions? But am not sure where to put this in the program. Hope somebody knows the answer please.
Thanks

Elby dev

Licensed User
Hi Erel, I checked the MySQL server which is on the other end of a vpn 25 km away and yes Authentication is set at 'caching_sha2_password'
so I added the above suggested property line and YES the compiled standalone package is now working Perfectly. Thanks Heaps :)
Ps Do you have a donation tin there? You have saved me one big headache tonight! :) Thanks Elbert

Upvote 0