@name ??

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi,

is it true that if you write a name with "@" sign that the user will get a notification about him was mentioned in that thread?

so if i write @Erel then erel will get a notification that i mentioned him in this thread?

i remember that i have read it somewhere but i see a lot of times that my name was written in a post but i never get any notifications about that. do i have to change something in my profile settings or is that rumor wrong?

thanks, ilan

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't think it works in this forum but I have seen it in another forum.
Maybe a setting in the admin-panel.
Nice idea though if it could be implemented.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

ok that worked only because i am part of this thread :D

but it does not work in threads where i did not took part.

it could be because my username was different when i registered to this forum and erel changed it (when i asked him).
so maybe this is the reason?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
so if i write @Erel then erel will get a notification that i mentioned him in this thread?
If the user has set the right options in his privacy-options.... See https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/account/alert-preferences

userrtagged002.jpg

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I too think it doesn't work, I have used quite a few times, but other than allowing direct access to the mentioned user profile page, I don't think the notification goes off

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's a good feature.. one can put more than one @user so he can make sure more people will read his wonderful, one of its kind post : )

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the feeling that people tag me but it doesnt go thru my notifications because of the spaces in my name.