Naming a textbox

tinmanjo

Licensed User
When you want to name a textbox in device IDE and set textbox with no text in it doesn't name the textbox at all from the name properties that you declared, it reverts back to textbox1 for some reason, even after save.

Im not sure if this is a bug as such, it works ok on desktop ide.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
@klaus are you sure that you haven't left the multiline text field (at the bottom) with the text? It can be a little bit confusing.
Sorry, I don't understand what you do mean.

With the attached sample program, in the desktop IDE, in the form designer, if you try to remove the text of TextBox2 (multiline textbox) in the text field it always comes back. And always the original name given by the designer. Even if you change the textboxe's name the first name of the control comes back.
The text of TextBox1 (single line textbox) can be cleared.

Best regards.

Attachments

• TextBoxes.sbp
    530 bytes · Views: 262

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
The text of a multiline textbox is not set in the regular text field. There is another larger field at the bottom of that section.
I had never noticed that the Data field changed to Multiline Text field!?
I always tried to enter the text in the Text field.
With MultiLine the Text field should be hidden or at least disabled with nothing in.

The name problem was with the Text field.
By default the Text and Multiline Text fields contain the TextBox's Name for example TextBox1.
If you clear the Text field and then rename the TextBox to TextBox2 and click on OK, in the Text field TextBox1 comes back. But now I know that the content of the TextBox is the content of the MultiLine Text field and this one is simply copied to the Text field when clickon on OK.

But as soon as the Text filed will be hidden or disabled there will be no confusion anymore.

Best regards.

tinmanjo

Licensed User
@tinmanjo what are the exact steps required to reproduce it?
@klaus are you sure that you haven't left the multiline text field (at the bottom) with the text? It can be a little bit confusing.

All i do is create a textbox on the device IDE 6.80 and 6.90 and then delete the text field, so take out what the text field contains, now if you change the textbox name it then doesnt retain that name, it still shows as textbox1