wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel was playing with the native ads so these will be soon available I guess.

Less intrusive is always better but probably mean being ignored more just like banners are ignored these days.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the link... I missed that post.

Will it also work for IOS?

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Interesting... While I do hate ads (as a developer and as a consumer), I really like this approach...

https://pubnative.readme.io/v3.0/docs/games

Yeah, sometimes ads are really annoying in mobile games. But I find ads annoying mostly in two cases: bad done and ugly/unusefull ads.
Some developers that are starting to make games use to place too many ads in the game. Example: level->ad. level->ad. level->video ad -> UNINSTALL
Maybe we shouldn't put ads in the first minutes of play, or even in the first session: let the user play the game first!
Another point is the look of the ads. Have you seen chartboost? It's an ad network for games. Those are really good looking ads, wich is important to get a good ctr ratio. For developers, the purpose of the ads isn't show as many as you can, it should be get the most installs you can, wich results in a high eCPM.
You can even make a custom frame for the ad, so it will look integrated in the game (in my opinion)
The problem with chartboost is that there isn't any sdk for b4a, only through mediation. Anyway, using additionaljar and with javaobject it should be easy to use any ad network. I've been doing some tests and I can allready show chartboost ads in my games. I'd like to test all functionalities of the sdk and I'll make a tutorial on how to do it, I think it's interesting.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
that would be nice, melon.

I think the only working example of mediation is inMobi so far.
But their auto eCPM check always fails so it only loads ads if admob doesn't have any for that user as I just left it to the default $0.01.

More ad providers is better ofcourse.

And indeed, admob could use some polishing as their interstitials look like you know what compared to others.

Last edited: