Natural frequency calculation of mechanical structures

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I submit a program to calculate natural frequencies and eigenvectors of mechanical structures for vibration analysis. The purpose of knowing these frequencies is to check if there is any risk of resonance with excitation frequencies from external forces.

I enclosed a short user’s guide that explains the program and some very basic theory of mechanical dynamics. I will send it in a second thread because of it's size.

If there is any interest, the user’s guide could be translated to French and German.

Any positive critic, improvement suggestion and bug report is of course welcome.

The program is relatively slow on the device, but with version 6.00 of Basic4ppc hopefully it could speed up. Probably from the code point of view I have not used all the potential of Basic4ppc, I don't know yet all the possibilities.

Klaus
Switzerland

Update 2008.01.21
The program has been updated for the new compiler, thanks to agraham who made run the Eigenvalue routine once again.
Speed increase for the calculation 8 times !

Update 2009.09.25
Version 2.2
Help file: www.b4x.com/files/freqe.chm

Klaus Switzerland

Attachments

• Freq.zip
    58.6 KB · Views: 399
  • Freq1.jpg
    Freq1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 372
  • Freq2.jpg
    Freq2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Klaus,
Geez, 4600 lines of code! That does require a geat deal of patience and diligence. I am not really familiar with the subject, but your UI design (realized on a single form!) is one of the most eye-pleasing in this subforum. Beautiful, well ordered, intuitive, technical but not cluttered.
Heartful congratulations!
Robert

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Dimitri and Robert

Thank you for your nice comments.

Robert, a big part of the code existed from a program on the desktop in VB.
So I knew exactly what I wanted and all the functions and elements I needed.
Nevertheless, I have rewritten a lot of it, the graphic handling and control is specific to the PPC. The functions copy and cut work even better now in the PPC program.

Best regards
Klaus

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Klaus,
I have ported several applications from VB6 and embVB myself and know what amount of work, time and testing us involved. I do not withdraw a single word of my compliments to you :) Personally, I believe that screen design is quite an important issue. Your UI design sense is impressive, indeed.
All the very best, Klaus.
Robert

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@sandeep,

You sent me a PM:

But I got this message when trying to reply:
1: sandeep has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Here is the message:

In the zip file you have the source code of the program and you can compile it (only if you have bought B4PPC). I normally don't provide an exe file because every owner can compile it to his convenience.

Unfortunately the User's guide file size is too big to fit into the forum, and I didn't ask Erel to add it because there were no request for.

Please send me your private e-mail and I'll send you an exe file and the User's guide.

I am on the way to program a desktop only version.

In what area are you working? You are the first person really interested in this program.

Best regards.

pev04534

Natural frequency

Dear Klaus,

Can u please upload the user guide for the same.:sign0085:
and the procedure to use it

:sign0087:

regards

Prashant

I submit a program to calculate natural frequencies and eigenvectors of mechanical structures for vibration analysis. The purpose of knowing these frequencies is to check if there is any risk of resonance with excitation frequencies from external forces.

I enclosed a short user’s guide that explains the program and some very basic theory of mechanical dynamics. I will send it in a second thread because of it's size.

If there is any interest, the user’s guide could be translated to French and German.

Any positive critic, improvement suggestion and bug report is of course welcome.

The program is relatively slow on the device, but with version 6.00 of Basic4ppc hopefully it could speed up. Probably from the code point of view I have not used all the potential of Basic4ppc, I don't know yet all the possibilities.

Klaus
Switzerland

Update 2008.01.21
The program has been updated for the new compiler, thanks to agraham who made run the Eigenvalue routine once again.
Speed increase for the calculation 8 times !
Klaus Switzerland