Android Question NB6 functionality

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm looking into NB6 to work around an issue but unclear on if it will solve my problem:
The issue is that I need a background GPS-position receiver to measure distance, but it's sending notifications to keep itself alive in case the OS kills it. I don't want the audible ding for that notifications, but I need the audible ding for my other application notifications, and Android settings is all or nothing.

- Looking at NB6 code quickly, I see it's using Java objects. Will it work on iOS?
- Also, will this send notifications when the app is not in the foreground, or when the screen is off? Asking because I don't see what in the Service class would trigger the notifications.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Will it work on iOS?
As far as i know no. It is a B4A only Lib

The Notification "you build" and send to the system from within the fm_MessageArrived Event inside the FirebaseMessaging Service.

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Looking at NB6 code quickly, I see it's using Java objects. Will it work on iOS?
NB6 is B4A only, for B4I you need
or

Upvote 0

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay, I'm still going to tinker with this then... I'll just have to implement the iOS version separately.

Still need to figure out if it will send these notifications when the app is not in the foreground or if the screen is off.

Upvote 0