Android Question Need a facility for auto-completion of input text with data pulled from an SQLLITE database...

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I would like to incorporate a facility in my existing application which would search for a particular word or text in my database(I use Sqllite) and display certain data. I plan to use the WebView control for the display of data.

My question is:

1) How do I incorporate 'auto-complete' facility in my B4A Application ?
It should work as follows:

As I type in the text, the closest matches should automatically get populated in the textbox. At any point of time I would press a 'Search Button' and that particular word would be searched in the database and the relevant matches displayed in the Webview Control.

2)Is there some kind of 'auto-complete combobox' available in b4A in which I can Set the number of closest matches to my input text in advance that will be displayed in the listing portion of the combo-box. Upon selecting any one of the closest matches, the relevant matching data would be displayed in the WebView Control.

Thanks

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…