iOS Question Need advice. Which iphone should I get?

jtare

Licensed User
Longtime User
I will start in a few weeks with the ios version of one of my apps, and would like to buy an used iphone to run tests. My question here is for experienced iphone users (I have zero), which iphone should I get, the iphone SE or the iphone 6? I have reliable people offers for those 2 models.

For what I researched iphone 6 no longer receives updates. The iphone SE have better processor and memory, is it noticeable? In paper it seems that the iphone SE is the winner, but the small screen size may be more uncomfortable to work with, and in the other hand the iphone 6 screen size is closest to what people are using with modern models.

And for the last comparison point, the price of the iphone 6 is $x, and the price of the iphone SE is 80% higher. This point may be a little bit relative since for different pockets, 80% of little is still little.

Any opinions will be much appreciated. Thanks.

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
we are using an iPhone4 and an iPhone5 :)
Apple use the later iPad, almost sure, they use just ipad to test your App.

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think so,
just remember that you'll need update screenshots of your App to Apple, in order to publish your App, then if not using the later iPhone (screenshots) you'll need to play around to generate those screenshot of your App.

More info:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/iphone-x-safe-area.88095/
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...shots-and-ipad-pro-is-require.104976/#content

The best option look like here:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4i-screenshots-resizer-2.110850/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jtare

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think so,
just remember that you'll need update screenshots of your App to Apple, in order to publish your App, then if not using the later iPhone (screenshots) you'll need to play around to generate those screenshot of your App.
I appreciate the help, thanks.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
in my opinion, you should get a newer iPhone then both choices you posted above. most iPhone "users" upgrade their iPhones almost every year so it makes more sense to get a new model if you want to make sure your app runs well for your users.
in most cases, you can test your app on a mac mini using the simulator and the big advantage is that you can choose any device with any ios version so it would be very smart to get a mac mini or any other mac to test your apps on a simulator. so the first choice would be a mac then a new iPhone device that can run the latest ios version.
I just bought me the iPhone 11 when it came out and I am very satisfied with it. greate phone!

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm also using refurbished iphone 4 & 5 to do some testing.

An iPad would be ideal aswell as that has a totally different aspect ratio than most of their phone models which means the screen height can be a limiting/problematic factor.

For regular apps/games you're fine with the 2 you have as offer.
If you want to offer fancy features relying on later hardware then you have no other choice then to go for the later models I guess unless the simulator fakes fancy camera's.

Upvote 0