Android Question Need help with my attempt at Google Maps "hello world".

Emmy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying this example, i have followed all the steps successfully, except that when i am compiling the code i get the error:

Parsing code. Error
Error parsing program.
Error description: Unknown type: mapfragment
Are you missing a library reference?
Occurred on line: 10
Dim mFragment As MapFragment

I am using b4a 4.0, I cant find how to fix this error. help? :)

eurojam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Emmy,
that sounds like you didn't activate the GoogleMaps Library in the referenced Library window on the right side of the IDE (see screenshot attached)
Screenshot 2015-05-16 07.19.35.png

stefan

Upvote 0

Emmy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Stefan, thanks, I dont have that reference on the left of my IDE, i already copied google-play-services.jar to my library folder but it doesnt display there.

What else can i try?

Upvote 0

Emmy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks guys, sorry if my questions are too known, i havent had much time to test the features.
However i get the white map. I have checked the SHA1, correct, Package name, correct, API gey, generated correctly, pasted correctly in the manifest editor... checked the Google maps in the libs... maybe i copied the wrong google apy jar?

Maybe my error is in step 4: - Under "Simple API Access" you should select "Key for Android apps (with certificates".

I cannot follow this step because i dont see the option, My version is in spanish and i dont know what it translates exactly to or where is it or where should i look for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Emmy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Disregard, it started working when i created a new client ID. I believe the tutorial will need to be updated. :)
Thanks for the replies! I will play with it now. :)

Upvote 0