Android Question need some help..

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i need some help to solve a problem

i want to make an app with letters for kids

now i want to put a letter like a capital "A" and the kids should try to write the letter
is it possible to follow the route of his drawing?
like i want that he will draw the letter right so he must follow the right route to do it if he will go out of the route then do ...

how could i do it? thanx

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok thanx erel this was exactlly my problem to check if the route is correct, but i will think of something ...

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you could work with hotspots and check if they are hit in the right order.

the problem is that a letter A can be written differently. arrow like, straight with bend on top etc.

it works if you can force them to write the same letter as you show them and the hotspots are placed like that.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanx sorex but how can i do it with the hotspots?

lets take for example an 0 (it should be easy only a circle) so now i will put labels on the panel with the right order from 1 to 10
and if finger enter label1 then label1.visiable = false and ...

the thing is in B4A you dont have like in VB (mouseenter, mouseleave,...) that would be great finger.enter, finger leave,...

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are no such events in Android. Such events will not really help as the label is just a rectangle.

Is the user expected to draw over an image with the letter inside? If yes then you can check the bitmap color at the touch point and then know if it is inside or outside.

this is a very good idea erel so if i will put the image with a letter and move the finger on it i can know if the x&y of my moving finger is above a specific color?? i didnot knew something like this is possible, is there a tutorial or a thread that talk about this option so i can try it ??

thank you

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
that's an option but it's hard to hit inside a (small) shape with a fingertip especially on phones.

Upvote 0