B4A Library New AudioBoost Library

Updated July 24th-2013, version 1.02 now supports the new EQLib Ver. 1.10. Both version are attached. Be sure to use AudioBoost ver. 1.01 with EQLib ver. 1.01 and AudioBoost ver. 1.02 with EQLib ver. 1.10.

NOTE: The correct version of EQLib should be installed as stated above. You do not need to check this in the Libs Tab but it should be installed.

Attached is Version 1.01 of a new library to increase the audio volume of your device. Written because I needed more volume on some movies in VideoView, etc.

It only works with Android API Level 9 and up. Special thanks to Stevel05 for allowing me to use portions of his EQ Lib. Please report any issues you may find.

Requires: B4A 2.52+
Copy the AudioBoost.jar and AudioBoost.xml to the Extra Libraries folder.

Code to use this is very simple:
B4X:
Sub Globals2
   Dim AudioB As AudioBoost
   AudioB.Initialize
End Sub 

Sub BtnUp_Click
   AudioB.BoostOn
End Sub

Sub BtnDn_Click
   AudioB.BoostOff
End Sub

Sub Btn_CheckState
     If IsBoosted Then
          AudioB.BoostOff
     End If
End Sub

Attachments

• AudioBoost_1.01.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 432
  • AudioBoost_1.02.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I downloaded the "Equalizer" app from the Playstore and it worked fine with music but had no affect on the speech synthesizer. I'm starting to think that the EQ or AudioBoost will not work with a speech synthesizer.

That is probably going to be device/OS specific, I can confirm that the equalizer using the global attachment method works with TTS on my HTC Android 4.0.3 device.

rgately

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good to know that the EQ can work with TTS, at least on the HTC running Android 4.0.3. I'll keep trying. Thanks!

margret

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problems were because Stevel05 updated his library and I did not notice, I should of paid more attention. Once he pointed that out to me, I updated mine. I didn't do a sample project because there are really only two commands. AudioBoostOn and AudioBoostOff. There are code snipplets on the first post of this thread. If you try it and have questions, just ask.

persianpowerman1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey steeve thanx a million.. like always you are a great asset!
Margret...
thanx for the lib... how ever i dont understand one thing... it works on most phones... except the S3 that has been upgraded to JB...!?!?
in fact when i click boost it becomes softer!! hahahaaa... this is exactly what happens with all market boost apps too on the same S3s with JB?!

any work around... or why is this happening?

YO!

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
See post #37

It appears that Samsung have actively removed this option from their OS. And there appears to be no method of getting an audiosession ID from a running App. All Manufacturers may follow suit at some stage.

persianpowerman1

Licensed User
Longtime User
My God... just read all those complaints in that forum... very disappointing man!
thanx for the knowledge steve :)