Android Question New Google Play subscriptions problem cannot by evaluated if it is indeed a problem

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have searched for a solution in the Google Play new subscriptions and I was about to reply to this thread but then I saw that the "old thread - answers are most likely to be ingored" notification so I am posting here my response:

This is the original thread:

Do I need any update in the GooglePlayBilling lib to use the new features?

I am not sure about this. It might be that my newest application (not yet aired) is not published yet in Closed track - Alpha Testing but it is published as Internal. And as Internal I cannot buy a subscription (I get "this item is not available for purchase") so I figured out after a Google search that it was my mistake and it needed Closed track - Alpha Testing. Anyway until it is published and fail also in this version of testing, I suppose this question cannot be answered. Meanwhile the purchase code is taken from another working app and it definitely works in the other app so it is not a code problem.

Last edited:

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is late and it seems I am getting dizzy and cannot understand what I read. Can someone read it because on a second read I think it says that with new integrations you need to use the new API.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is late and it seems I am getting dizzy and cannot understand what I read. Can someone read it because on a second read I think it says that with new integrations you need to use the new API.
I didn't see anywhere that specifically says you have to use v5.0.0 - however it does say that this version contains all the backward-compatible functions & the "Getting Ready" documentation only mentions v5.0.0. I'd say for any new apps with billing (& probably any updates to existing apps) you need to use the new version.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I didn't see anywhere that specifically says you have to use v5.0.0 - however it does say that this version contains all the backward-compatible functions & the "Getting Ready" documentation only mentions v5.0.0. I'd say for any new apps with billing (& probably any updates to existing apps) you need to use the new version.

- Colin.

Thank you, for your reply. A more careful read in this article clarifies the things that I missunderstood:

I am sharing it in case someone else faced the same challenge. Now I will just wait for Google to decide to accept my update in Closed Track - Alpha Testing. For now in internal testing the same thing I faced (The item you requested is not available for purchase) is valid also for another B4X user whome I have contacted . This is a thing I do not understand why it happens since Google claims that you can post also in internal track:

Last edited:
Upvote 0