New Search Engine

timsteeman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
Sorry for bothering you again ...:)
Are you working on my question (suggestion) about searching into subforms? Or is the final answer "no, you must live with it, as it is"?

jabberwocky

Licensed User
Longtime User
How can I filter search results for particular boards. If I want to have the search results of e.g. "sqlite" only out of the german board, how is that possible?

jabberwocky

Licensed User
Longtime User
-.- I liked the search function before much more. Atm the search function in this board is crap for me.

timsteeman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, Does that mean that you bring back the old advanced search or are you building in a language option?

timsteeman

Licensed User
Longtime User
That was where i was afraid of. Ok, your fancy new forum is not complete useless, but it comes very close. When i need google search to find items in the forum.... then thank you for your understanding.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't see why you keep arguing. I understand your point.

Currently the search engine only indexes Basic4android sub-forums. As I see it and I use it intensively it is much better than any other forum search feature that I used. It's true that if you are searching for Basic4ppc posts then you will need to use Google search.

The other languages will be added in the future. Basic4ppc (Windows Mobile) forum will not.

This thread is now closed...

pauleffect

Licensed User
Longtime User
guys, the search engine is very, very good. and quick.
and, for keywords, try, in your next thread, to end it with

keywords: search engine, searching, build a b4a engine, use bitmaps with search engine

that's the kind of thing someone would look for should he be in a time of need.