B4R Question Nextion Display, first steps, first issues

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

So I finally got my 2.8" Nextion Display, hooked it up to 5V and ran the DEMO, All works GREAT!

So I decided to use B4R and softwareSerial to log all the things coming out of the demo so I can start to get a grip on things...

A very simple code, declaring the softserial, initializing it and set the newData event to log things out...

Should compile without issues, right?
WRONG!!!

I'm getting a weird error complaining of a missing/unaccessible file or folder...

GetFileAttributesEx D:\psapg\B4X Suite\B4R\Nextion experiments\Objects\Suite\B4R\Nextion: The system cannot find the path specified.
Error compiling for board WeMos D1 R2 & min

Which is true, because my path is only correct up to the Objects Folder... so I don't understand!
Where did the rest of that path came from?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I figured I do a quick search on that "gatFileAttributesEx" and found out that this happens with paths containing spaces...

Still, in April, Erel gave this answer :

It happens because of the spaces in the path. It will be fixed in the next update.

Hum, it got me wondering of which update he was refering to (?)

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, the project name had no spaces, only the root folder and project folder had. I started by eliminating the space in the project folder but had to also eliminate the one in the root folder.
I am using v1.50

Upvote 0

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, the project name had no spaces, only the root folder and project folder had. I started by eliminating the space in the project folder but had to also eliminate the one in the root folder.
I am using v1.50

Hi Cableguy,

Want to know some more about this Nextion Display, seems it is very interesting but I'm hesitate to purchase as no library for B4R yet, do you have any sample code or class for this display? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You don't need any lib for it. The nextion display stores and loads the UI in an SD card, and communicates with the Arduino or esp by serial com. Depending on the control, it will pass the control I'd and value in the serial string.
The UI is composed using the Nextion UI editor, and really is easy to use.

I must confess, I haven't used mine in quite some time, so I think that I haven't kept any code from my tinkering...

Upvote 0