Bug? NFC Library 1.25 and BADoclet Error

Helmut S

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have to write an app in which, among other things, I have to read the UID of an unformatted Mifare 1k card. Therefore, I cannot use NFC Library V. 2.0 but have to use the "older" ones until v. 1.25. To achieve that I replaced the current NFC library with version 1.25 in the Libraries folder. The problem is, that everytime I create a new project and I add the NFC library 1.25 I get the following error at compiling the project:

B4X:
B4A version: 5.80
Parsing code.    (0.00s)
Compiling code.    (0.14s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.00s)
Generating R file.    (0.09s)
Compiling debugger engine code.    (1.57s)
Compiling generated Java code.    (1.74s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex.    Error
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
com.android.dx.cf.iface.ParseException: class name (BADoclet$Property) does not match path (BADoclet/BADoclet$Property.class)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.DirectClassFile.parse0(DirectClassFile.java:520)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.DirectClassFile.parse(DirectClassFile.java:406)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.DirectClassFile.parseToInterfacesIfNecessary(DirectClassFile.java:388)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.DirectClassFile.getMagic(DirectClassFile.java:251)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processClass(Main.java:598)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processFileBytes(Main.java:570)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.access$2(Main.java:546)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main$2.processFileBytes(Main.java:514)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processArchive(ClassPathOpener.java:284)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processOne(ClassPathOpener.java:166)
    at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.process(ClassPathOpener.java:144)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processOne(Main.java:537)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:449)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMonoDex(Main.java:236)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.run(Main.java:206)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:179)
    at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:103)
...while parsing BADoclet/BADoclet$Property.class
1 error; aborting

The same happens when I update to B4A v. 6.0.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve the issue?

Thanks in advance,

Helmut

Helmut S

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know where the BADoclet class comes from. I never (knowingly or deliberately) used it in any project of mine. The question is how to remove it. I have not found any sign of it in my projects so far.

The problem with NFC 2.00 is that some (for me essential) functions are missing, e.g. GeTagtUID or IsMifareClassic.