Android Question Now I know how to upload a b4a source code Thanks

AndyChang

Licensed User
Now I finally know how to provide a whole complete source and data file.
Thanks that so many masters give me the suggestions.
I want to create an APP that can provide convenient way to help user to reassemble their idea.
I know it is a struggle challenge. With the help of B4A (a Basic language), I have a strong confidence that I can create it by myself.
Can you help me to walk over the first step. I cannot even compile it.
Andy

Attachments

• andy.zip
    240 KB · Views: 128
  • SQliteTest.zip
    279.5 KB · Views: 158

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
As Klaus advised, you could take a look at the B4A User's Guide
In fact, I saw in your code that you want to use a separate jar file for opening the SQLite db file and you even don't require this : because the SQL library will open it.

So, the db file should be packaged with your app (Files Manager, Add File). Then when the app executes, because you can not access the assets files with SQL, you would have to copy the db file from the assets before to be able to initialize the SQL variable (File.Copy your db file, from File.DirAssets to File.DirInternal for example).

Upvote 0

AndyChang

Licensed User
Dear Lemonisdead
I now really understand the point the User Guide have mentioned, thank you for your kindness help.
I change the code and extend the timeout value to 120 seconds. I still got an error as the attached error message.
Please advise me what I can do next. Thanks a lot
Andy

Attachments

• newtestofSQLite.zip
    240.1 KB · Views: 128
  • andy.zip
    280.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Error msg.png
    Error msg.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 185
Upvote 0

AndyChang

Licensed User
Dear Lemonisdead
I have solve the problem by increase the MaxRamforDex value from 1024 to 2048, it works.
Thank you for your kindness help. I now can go on my project. I am Happy.
Andy

Upvote 0

AndyChang

Licensed User
Dear All
Now I can handle the SQL database which established by my colleague. From now on the project can be developed by two teams.
One for B4A APP development, another for data establishment. I am happy to have such a great progress.
The only question is that why I can not find the nail.db in the directory of DirRootExternal.
It process an action to copy nail.db from DirAssets to DirRootExternal. This means there should has a file nail.db in the directory of DirRootExternal.
Is it possible that after finishing the APP, it will delete the nail.db in DirRootExternal automatically.
Andy

Upvote 0