Android Question Odroid-C1 with Android - access to GPIO

HugoSX2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have an Odroid-C1 running Android 4.4.2 on it.

And I could instal and run my B4A app on it. Now I would like to expand the app with access to the 40 GPIO Pins, including analog input, IO-ports, uart, etc. Any idea who to do this?

timwil

Licensed User
Longtime User
What I am asking is if it came with a SDK or example program. It would be in Java

If so then it can be converted into a B4a library - there would not be a b4a example - it is not that popular (yet)

Upvote 0

HugoSX2

Licensed User
Longtime User
I found this on http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G141578608433&tab_idx=2

These 40pin GPIO port can be used as GPIO/I2C/SPI/UART/ADC for electronics and robotics.
The 40 GPIO pins on an ODROID-C1 are a great way to interface with physical devices like buttons and LEDs using a lightweight Linux controller. If you’re a C/C++ or Python developer, there’s a useful library called WiringPi that handles interfacing with the pins. We’ve already ported the WiringPi v2 library to ODROID-C1.
Please note that pins #37, #38 and #40 are not compatible with Raspberry Pi B+ 40pin header. Those pins are dedicated for Analog input function.
Note that all the GPIO ports are 3.3Volt. But the ADC inputs are limited to 1.8Volt.

Upvote 0

HugoSX2

Licensed User
Longtime User
This libs are for Java.
But I would like to program in B4A (extend my current Project). Thats why I choosed Android for the Odriod-C1.

Upvote 0

pappicio

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, it is, shurelly:In my opinion, now you have all you need to develop b4a apk to pilote odroid i/o pins now.

Upvote 0

timwil

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4a actually translates your program into Java then compiles it.

If you have a Java library it can be wrapped to work with b4a

You may also want to check for any raspberry pi library for b4a

Upvote 0

HugoSX2

Licensed User
Longtime User
@timwil - Thank you.

I copied the jGPOI.jar library referenced in post #6 to the B4A library folder.
But when I open B4A it does not show it in the library selection.

Upvote 0

timwil

Licensed User
Longtime User
Again - that is for JAVA

You would need a wrapper to get it into b4a

Alternatively you could use b4j

Upvote 0