Android Question Once again about StartServiceAt

Hello. I am a programmer from Kazakhstan.
Previously I worked in Visual Basic, recently I am trying to create my first application in B4A.
The essence of my project is a program of reminders about scheduled events.
The basis of the project is to force the service module to be activated at the right time, regardless of whether the application is running, in the background, or even closed.
I am aware that in recent years the StartServiceAt has not been firing properly.
I can, using the usual timer in the starting Service Module, make a sound signal and activate the application if it is in the background.
But if the application is closed, the Service module no longer works.
I very carefully studied all the available articles on the Forum and it seemed to me that this problem has not been solved yet. In particular, the solution proposed by the Erel administrator on March 27, 2016 also does not work.
What is the current situation?
How do various services (news sites, for example) that many users of Android gadgets have push notifications and send sound signals (when information is updated), because they are closed at this time?
Perhaps, it is correct to formulate the question as follows: how, when the user closes the application, not to close it physically, but to transfer it to the background?
Thanks in advance, Andrey.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The best example for keeping your app running in the background is: Background location tracking

How do various services (news sites, for example) that many users of Android gadgets have push notifications
Push notifications have nothing to do with StartServiceAt or keeping your app running in the background.
The correct way to notify the user that there is an update is with push notifications.

StartServiceAtExact works mostly correctly. There is nothing that can be improved. On most devices it will run. On some device it won't. It depends on the device manufacturer settings.

Upvote 0
The best example for keeping your app running in the background is: Background location tracking

Push notifications have nothing to do with StartServiceAt or keeping your app running in the background.
The correct way to notify the user that there is an update is with push notifications.

StartServiceAtExact works mostly correctly. There is nothing that can be improved. On most devices it will run. On some device it won't. It depends on the device manufacturer settings.
I am very grateful for your answer. I will study "Background location tracking" closely.

Upvote 0