Android Question Ongoing AAB Issues

chris ash

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys

I'm trying to put a new app onto the Google Play store. They now seem to be pushing people into using their new key signing methodology.

As such ive updated to v12 of B4a. I had an issue which to do with the bundletool, I believe @Erel was aware of this and has resolved it in beta #2.

I now have an issue with understanding what I need to do to get an RSA key for a new app. This is what Google are telling me when I try to upload an app bundle "For new apps, Android App Bundles must be signed with an RSA key."

I found this post again following Erels advice in comment 2 for New Apps. The creating of the Key seemed to go ok.

Almost Totally Confused about AAB & Signkey

I added the line to my app
B4X:
#SignKeyAlgorithm: -digestalg SHA1 -sigalg SHA256withRSA

Now when I try to compile I get the error.

B4A Version: 12.00 BETA #2
Parsing code. (0.12s)
Java Version: 11
Building folders structure. (0.02s)
Compiling code. (0.14s)

ObfuscatorMap.txt file created in Objects folder.
Compiling layouts code. (0.03s)
Organizing libraries. (0.00s)
(AndroidX SDK)
Compiling resources (0.04s)
Linking resources (0.58s)
Compiling generated Java code. (1.76s)
Finding libraries that need to be dexed. (0.01s)
Dex code (2.49s)
Dex merge (4.10s)
Copying libraries resources (1.38s)
Building app bundle (1.63s)
Signing AAB file Error

jarsigner error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: key algorithm not compatible with signature algorithm

I have seen a post where someone had a very similar error, the advice was the switch to OpenJDK. I believe I am already using that so dont think thats the issue?

Any advice on how to resolve gratefully received. I'm sure its something simple that i'm missing.

CAsh

chris ash

Licensed User
Longtime User
Morning Gents

Yes thankyou for the advice I was I think just taking bits from all over the place and ending up in a mess.

To fix the issue in b4a Tools > Private Sign Key : Create a new one to replace any old one you may have.

Then ensure you do not include "#SignKeyAlgorithm: -digestalg SHA1 -sigalg SHA256withRSA" in the app.

Then Project > Build App Bundle : It creates fine and Google seem happy with it.

So essentially create a new private sign key and you should be good to go.

Thankyou @mcqueccu and @Erel fro your advice

Upvote 0