iOS Question OTA deployer questions

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using Hosted builder and I am testing OTA deployer so that my app can be tested on other devices

I follow the steps, add the UDIDs, generate provisioning profile and download it, compile in release, download latest build, upload IPA file, generate the links, and send them by mail.

If I click the link in my devices, I can install the app, so it seems that I did somthing correct.
If I do the same in any of the other devices, it also starts installing, but when the progress circle in the icon is near to its end, it throws an error message stating that it hasn't been possible to download the app (with a button to retry). I have tried many times in a couple of additional devices, and the same....

In this thread something similar happened, and it seems that the solution has nothing to do with the error message....

My questions are:
  • Is it correct to use develop certificates and develop provisioning profiles to do this?
  • Must the device UDIDs owner have an Apple developer account?
  • If so, how can I deploy test apps to a limited number of users that don't have an Apple developer account?

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unless apple changed something since last time I tried this, the user's do not have to have a developer account. The links are https with a valid SSL certificate for the HTTP(S) server?

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The link is generated from the same OTA deployer, so I suppose that it has.
Also, it works perfectly in my devices but not on 2 additional ones from different owners (all UDIDs are added to the provisioning profile)

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Edit the .mobileprovisions file in your keys directory and see if the UDIDs are there (you may have done this, but can always double/triple check). Make sure the UDIDs are really correct, and it's actually the UDIDs of the phones and not one of the other IDs. Just for kicks, make sure your B4i is pointing to that keys folder in the paths configuration.

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did it and...surprise!!! The UDIDs were not correct , so they surely bleonged to the devices but as you say were other ids....

Now I could install :)

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0