B4R Question Parse GPS time..

Discussion in 'B4R Questions' started by Beja, Mar 14, 2019 at 12:14 PM.

1. Beja

Beja Expert Licensed User

Can this be implemented in B4R?

2. tigrot

tigrot Well-Known Member Licensed User

Of course. It's a simple reading the string and scan it, separating each element using the comma separator. Each kind of message has a format. You can google the format(the first element in the row). Latitude and longitude generally are expressed in decimal format, so you must convert to sexagesimal format, which is the usual format.

Beja likes this.
  3. Siam

Siam Active Member Licensed User

:D:D:D what for format is this ;)

Beja likes this.
  4. thetahsk

thetahsk Member Licensed User

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 4:43 PM
    Beja likes this.
  5. Beja

6. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I've removed the post with the huge images. It makes the thread unreadable.

This is unlikely. However the code is B4J code. It will not work in B4R without some modifications.

Beja likes this.
  7. tigrot

Sexagesimal format is grade, minutes,seconds. NMEA is espressed in grade and decimal fraction.

8. Beja

I remember the Motorola 6809 cpu had SEX in its instruction set. It meant Sign Extended. But that command disappeared in its successor the 68000. Maybe they decided to be more decent.

9. tigrot

I started to study IT in 1972 the year after Intel 4004 release. In 1974 I was working in Panini's stickers company, a world wide company. I've never used assembly with 6809. Maybe binary format was unpopular so they introduced SEX instruction;):), a little ambiguous word.

10. tigrot

I'm reading that SEX has nothing to do with sexagesimal, it's Sign EXtend. Working with register sign. Sexagesimal comes from latin word SEXAGINTA which means sixty.

Beja likes this.
  11. Beja

Yes I know that and already noted SEX at that remote time was for sign extended.
    Assembly language was cryptic and hard to program with.. So I think Motorola put the SEX instruction to give programmers a little energy and motivation.. : )
    I programmed Zilog Z80 and was exited to use the DJNZ instruction (Decrement and Jump if Not equal to Zero)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 11:46 AM
    tigrot likes this.
  12. Beja

Thanks Erel and sorry about that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice