Parse sms and forward

LittleBritaly

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't downloaded basic4ppc yet, before I purchase it I wonder if someone could give me some advice if this is possible.

I'm currently developing new software for my own company, one thing I want to be able to do is to have a smartphone ( pocketpc/iphone/android, I have all 3 available) forward certain text messages to either an email address or better still a local machine (via ftp/http or a socket).

There's a visual basic example for this type of thing, I'm not allowed to post the link (got to be a licensed user), but a search for article "34023" and "Roll your own SMS Gateway" should lead anyone interested to the correct page.

I've never programmed for phones, most of my work has been in either flash or pascal (so would appreciate any advice in very simple terms for a newbie).

Android seems a good bet (stability, I dumped windows phones because of the operating systems kept crashing and now use Android).

First question is this possible with Android, second question any code examples I could follow ?.

Thanks in advance, all advice gratefully appreciated.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is possible to do it with Basic4android.
You should use SmsInterceptor to intercept the Sms. Basic4android - Phone
Then you can use Http or HttpUtils or Net library to call a web service or silently send an email or upload the data to a FTP server.

There should be examples for all the components. Try the search box in the upper right corner.

Upvote 0