Android Question PayPal payment in Android? WebView?

BjoernB

Licensed User
Hello everyone,

my plan is to build an App where the user has to be able to pay via PayPal, a little shop app with the B4A compiler.

I can't download the paypal lib in this forum, it's no longer up to date as far as i know.
Erel gave me the advice to use WebView, but as I read on their page, this is just some kind of InApp Browser.
going to paypal startpage with WebView won't help me, so am I able to prepare a payment with a constant target account and a non editable value I hand in from my app?

The user just has to say "I wanna buy this thing" and to click on "pay". (kind of like this)

the app has to open the paypal page, login may be saved, with constant price and target account itself

Is there a way to do this with WebView? or with a B4A-Lib?

best regards,
Bjoern

(and sorry for the bad english, i'm not a native speaker)

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. I haven't checked with PayPal terms whether it is allowed or not. I assume that it is allowed but you should check it.

2. You can use the "email link". For example:
B4X:
Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
   Activity.LoadLayout("1")
   WebView1.LoadUrl("https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8Txxxxxxxx")
End Sub

Upvote 0

BjoernB

Licensed User
2. You can use the "email link". For example:
B4X:
Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
   Activity.LoadLayout("1")
   WebView1.LoadUrl("https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8Txxxxxxxx")
End Sub

i've tried doing stuff like this per URL earlier in another program on windows. this simply wouldn't work because you can't login per URL only.
does paypal accept paying with target account etc. just from the URL? so the customer just has to log in and click on "pay"? and what if he wants the app to remember his login?

i don't think URL only will do what i need it to.
but i'll try it ;)

is it always the same URL?

sorry for all the questions, i never worked with paypal. not even as a customer. I made an account for this and don't have much experience

Upvote 0