Android Question PDFium Wrapper - Additional functionality

I have a requirement to read/search text from pages within a PDF document.

So far I have managed to load the document and display pages using DonManFred's wrapper. Unfortunately, the functionality does not include extracting text from the pdf document. However, looking around the net, it appears that some implementation of PDFium do. e.g. a version for dot.net (https://pdfium.patagames.com/)

Now, I don't know anything about wrappers and underlying github projects etc but I was wondering if text reading capability is now part of standard PDFium functionality (if there is such a thing) and if so how could it be made available? Would this need changes to the wrapper?

As I said, I'm not familiar with wrappers and the architecture around them so apologies if I've got the terminology all wrong.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The PDFium-Lib is based on the JAVA Version.
.net and java are not compatible.

Upvote 0
I wasn't sure if PDFium is a piece of code or simply a specification.

I can see that the routine I referred to above is a C#/VB.net implementation but wondered (given that is refers to itself as PDFium) if this was a kind of wrapper for the Visual Studio environment and therefore would be utilising the same or possibly newer version the standard java PDFium. If that is the case, what is involved in expanding the current B4X wrapper to include any new functionality.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0
OK.
Out of interest, how did you go about creating the wrapper? I have watched, what I think is, Erel's first ever Youtube video on creating libraries but wondered if there's a more recent tutorial on it?

Upvote 0