Android Question php and b4a socket programing

ArminKH

Hi i have a simple question
Can we comunicate with php over socket connection?and if is possible plz explain a bit for me about that(how is possible to handle events or which type of data is supported)
Thanx

ArminKH

You can implement a http client with the Network library. However I don't see any good reason to do so. Use HttpUtils2 instead.

Erel my question is about socket programming
My app connect 2 device over socket connection 4 send and recieve text and any objects in real time similar to chat apps
Now are u sure this can be done by using http utils???!!!!
I am on test to find strongest IDE for socket programming which is fast,secure,complete and totally is best for socket programming like asp.net , C#,b4j,php,c,....
Now i'm on php
I want to know the basics for connect real device to an other by using b4a , php over socket programming
My search came up with noting for any relevant thread which is about my question
Can socket lib (network library) comunicate with php over sockets?if yes any tutorial?explaintion?suggestion?
Thank u again erel :)

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am on test to find strongest IDE for socket programming which is fast,secure,complete and totally is best for socket programming like asp.net , C#,b4j,php,c,....
Now i'm on php

Then you have found the baddest language to build socketconnections with. Usually php have a time limit on running a process. It may not fit needs in a tcp-connection field. The best to communicate with will be b4j i believe.

But i cant help as i never worked much with tcp-connections

Upvote 0

ArminKH

@DonManfred
Thank u
I think b4j is still under developement and new and socket programming is very large project for b4j(similar to beggining version of b4a)
maybe the next versions of b4j be better and complete
But for now which we develop an app with b4a you are correct because the best IDE which is simple and has best compatiblity with b4a is b4j
Thank u again :)
I am still so begginer and confused

Upvote 0

yuval

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi,
I have a similar question. i want a php page on a web server (joint account) to notify a b4j program running locally, or if possible to notify a b4a app.
how is the best way to do this ? register a url in web database, and the php page opens a socket with this url ?
thanks.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can create a socket server with PHP, but you have to start that particular PHP script from the command line. it cant run through apache as apache will kill the script eventually.

Upvote 0