Games Physics 2D (Game in progress)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i am working on a b4i (iOS) 2d physics game.
i am using iSpriteKit and i really like it.
i am making some nice progress with it although it is hard to build levels without having tiled but its much simpler then making a platformer game. so i hope i will have in few weeks a first working beta.

i also want to thank @JanPRO for his great wrapper. he did an amazing job. i hope he will keep supporting iSpritekit and fix all bugs + update new features ;)

tell me what you think :)

EDIT: new video available on post#12

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I really like it, now you make me want to write for iOS!

from my experience Libgdx + box2d is more advanced but iSpritekit is simpler to use and still powerful. though the lib need some improvements and adding the latest iOS 10 features but after that it will be an amazing lib.

i think the iOS market is better than the Android market in the gaming category so i am planning to release more cool 2d physics game for ios.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
from my experience Libgdx + box2d is more advanced but iSpritekit is simpler to use and still powerful.

I read somewhere that SpriteKitt uses a modded version of box2d with different initial parameters.

Not sure what they removed or changed besides that tho.

Edit: demo looks good, the collisions seems to be a bit wrong on bounces but maybe you didn't add your correct polygons yet for the wooden pieces.

Last edited:

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It reminds me of one of my all time favorite games: The Incredible Machine

Awesome work, @ilan!! :) Nice graphics too!!!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Awesome work, @ilan!! :) Nice graphics too!!!

thanx wonder. i purchased those graphics. i guess you may find few games with the same graphics. but for me its more a practice project learning iSpritekit.
so i dont care if there are other games with the same graphics. i also will try to make unique features in my game and i hope people will like it.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It looks awesome ilan!
Very incredible machine - Amazing Alex.
The only problem I see after playing amazing alex is that sometimes the phone screen is too little for this kind of games, it plays a lot better in a tablet.

thanx @melonZgz.
i think that on iphone 6/6+ (7/7+) the game play should be very good. i agree that on ipad it will be better. anyway b4i apps run also on ipads.
i also implemented a way that makes it simpler to drag and rotate objects. instead of checking if a physic body was touched i check the radius from the center point of the physic body and if the touch is in that radius i enable moving (or rotating mode).
like this if i create very precise physic bodies (with my physic body creator) you dont have to press exactly on the body. the touch point needs to be in a specific radius and that makes it very user friendly on small devices. i am testing it on a iphone 5s that has 4" screen and it runs very smooth.

btw how is your new platformer doing?

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi guys, i am making some progress with my new iSpriteKit game. Please tell me what you think :)
ps: iSpriteKit is awesome. the Performance is great (until now :p) there are some bugs but i hope we will have one day a full functional iSpriteKit Library :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The concept is from Amazing Alex. I have purchased those graphics long time ago but never used them. Few weeks ago i started learning how to use iSpritekit and made a simple Pong game with it. Now i wanted to try a more complex game and its going very well.

I love Spritekit. I am planning to make more games with it for ios. :)

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cool game !! Don't know if there're some games of this type on IOS but sure this one should be a winner ! (real physics, great graphics, music & well adjusted gameplay)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't know if there're some games of this type on IOS

Of course there are. When u use assets that are for sell you should take in acount that u may find few version of it in the market.

Until now i found only 1 that uses the same assets on ios but its not free and also was uploaded long time ago.

I also think it is a copy of the original game source that is also for sell (on unity) so no unique levels and gameplay.

But anyway this project just started as a learning project (iSpritekit and b4i) and turned out to a finish product :)

I will try to make more unique games for ios.
I think ios games make more revenue then android games so will try my luck on ios.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BTW, I'm using the same music for my ball game (great minds think alike

Really? I didnot knew that sorry.

The game was very fun to make and the result has surprised me too. It took me less then 14 days and i have a full time job so i worked only at nights but until very late (like 3-4 am)

I also had to learn iSpritekit at that period since i am new to it but now i can make really nice games with it. The logic is very different in spritekit compared to libgdx but after you learn it believe me you will want to make games only with it ;)