Android Example Please test reading your NFC credit card.....

Please test scanning of your NFC enabled credit card using the APK in the download link below. Please ensure that you have enabled NFC on your cell/device before you do a scan - the project will not at this time check if you have NFC enabled on your device. There is no internet connection required so it will not reveal any information to anyone other than to yourself. The Label at the top of the UI has some of the important information of your card. The EditText at the bottom of the UI has the detail of the comms between the device and the card and is scrollable. Hopefully you should see something like this:

screenshot.png

It might be a bit "painful" as once you requested the download I will get a Google email to enable you to download the APK.

Would be interesting to see if it can scan some "worldwide" cards. Will appreciate it if you could let me know.

Have not built any error checking into it at present - so, for some cards it might crash....but it was tested with about 6 cards from various locations in the world.

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After a few 'Error reading card' it successfully read my UK MBNA Visa credit card. Even when it posted the error it still got what looked like some good data from the card.

It crashes and closes reading my UK Natwest Mastercard debit card

It doesn't read my UK Natwest Mastercard credit card at all

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After a few 'Error reading card' it successfully read my UK MBNA Visa credit card. Even when it posted the error it still got what looked like some good data from the card.

It crashes and closes reading my UK Natwest Mastercard debit card

It doesn't read my UK Natwest Mastercard credit card at all
Must hold it very still at the back of the device else you will get "Error reading card". It needs some "still" time to read.

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
i tested it also on my Maestro Card but throws an "Error reading card"