Pocket Weather

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Pocket Forecast (formerly Pocket Weather)

Current Version: 1.2.5

Description: Pocket Forecast is a weather application that supports mutliple locations, multiple languages, QVGA AND VGA display, cached AND user defined updates, customized theme, AND is open source written in Basic4PPC.

Source code and CAB installer at: pocket_forecast [CampusBBS Wiki]

Last update: 6/4/09

Attachments

• pf-main.jpg
    pf-main.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
FilesEx error

I am getting an error while reading a file's attributes with the FilesEx library - but only when I run a compiled version. I don't get the error from within the IDE. Any ideas?

The GetYahooRSS code (with some msgbox's to display steps):
B4X:
If FileExist(AppPath & "\" & CurrentLocationCode & ".cache") = True Then
      ' Requires FilesEx library - agraham
      Msgbox("creating reference to FilesEx library...")
      filb.New1
      Msgbox("getting file attributes via FilesEx library...")
      fileInfo()=filb.FileInfo(AppPath & "\" & CurrentLocationCode & ".cache")
      ' Msgbox(filb.Dllversion)
      Msgbox("splitting file into into array...")
      arrDateTime()=StrSplit(fileInfo(2))
      Msgbox("comparing file datestamp with current date...")

It errors at the "fileInfo()=filb.FileInfo" line.

UPDATE: Never mind. I was using version 1.2 of the FilesEx library and the current one is 1.3 - the latest version fixes this.

Last edited:

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Pocket Weather v.16

With version .16 I have a usable weather application that supports up to 5 locations. I am currently working on the settings editor (accessible by clicking on the tiny weather icon next to the "Last update" status on the main page) but I have enough working that multiple locations can be loaded from the INI file and the default location (ie the one that is in view) can be changed.

Changes are not saved when the program exits - that is the code I am currently working on. Any feedback is welcome - I took the comments made on other weather applications and used those as functional requirements.

Update: Location & Settings completed, uploading v.17 on 1st post

Attachments

• pocket_weather_locations.JPG
    pocket_weather_locations.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Need help with bug (form control values "lost")

I have a bug that I haven't been able to track down yet. When clicking on the "Close" button on the configuration screen, the application updates global variables for location id, theme, timeouts, etc and then updates the INI file.

The problem is that (3) variables (for theme, http, refresh) are updated with no values. I am using the form controls values to update the global variables, so I am at a lost why some work and some don't.

As a temporary solution, I added a code check to see if the form controls are empty and then update the global variable only if there is a value, but this isn't the best solution since some of those controls get updated.

I've uploaded the latest code (v.19) on the 1st post if anyone can help.

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks like a great program :sign0188:
How can I get to the configuration page?

Thanks for the feedback.

You get to the configuration screen by pressing the tiny weather icon near the status message on the main page.

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
version .20

(cross posted at xda-developers.com)

Version .20 has been uploaded to the main post.

1. Portrait/Landscape mode (repaint screen when switching between two)
2. Finger-swipe down opens configuration screen (the tiny weather icon is still there until this is fully tested)
3. Button and misc. messaging changes (per suggestions)
4. Cache (if available) is loaded on application start-up - updates can be done manually or configured every X minutes
5. Location cache are deleted if the location/zip code is deleted
6. RetrieveRSS functions (remote/local) rewritten

Next to do: apply theme settings (theme.ini)

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are only updating the three variables when the user presses on rbtnSettings.
If the user just opens the settings page and closes it these three variables will not be updated.
Here is a possible solution:
B4X:
Sub editLocations
    rbtnLocations.Checked=True
    pnlLocations.Enabled=True
    pnlLocations.Visible=True
    pnlSettings.Enabled=False
    pnlSettings.Visible=False

lblDefault.Visible=True
    lblLocationDescription.Visible=True
    lblDelete.Visible=True
    Select CurrentLocationCode
        Case Location(0)
            rbtnLocation1.Checked=True
        Case Location(1)
            rbtnLocation2.Checked=True
        Case Location(2)
            rbtnLocation3.Checked=True
        Case Location(3)
            rbtnLocation4.Checked=True
        Case Location(4)
            rbtnLocation5.Checked=True
    End Select

form3.show
End Sub
Sub editSettings
    rbtnSettings.Checked=True
    pnlSettings.Enabled=True
    pnlSettings.Visible=True
    pnlLocations.Enabled=False
    pnlLocations.Visible=False
    lblDefault.Visible=False
    lblLocationDescription.Visible=False
    lblDelete.Visible=False

Select ini.mainWeatherUnits
        Case "c"
            rbtnCelcius.Checked=True
        Case "f"
            rbtnFarenheit.Checked=True
    End Select
    form3.Show
End Sub
Sub updateSettings
    txtThemeSetting.Text=INI.themeDir
    txtHttpSetting.Text=INI.httpTimeout
    txtRefreshSetting.Text=INI.refreshInterval
    txtLocation1.Text=Location(0)
    txtlocation2.Text=Location(1)
    txtLocation3.Text=Location(2)
    txtLocation4.Text=Location(3)
    txtLocation5.Text=Location(4)
End Sub
Sub Form3_Show
    updateSettings
End Sub

If you like you can use an ImageList and add all your images to this list.
That way the images will be merged in the executable.

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel for looking through the code and for the suggestion. I am going to make those changes and test it out.

I didn't want to merge the images into the executable because I want to give users (of the compiled version) to be able to use different sets of weather images - part of how themes will be implemented.

The customer service and community forums are reasons why B4PPC is such a great product!

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi digitaldon37,
I had a look at your program, very nice and interesting.

One suggestion would be to insert somewhere the link to
Yahoo! Weather
where the user can find its location(s) from all around the world.

I tried some locations from Europe, works fine.

In your code you should add a test if
WeatherCurrent.code = 3200
3200 is the unknown code, this code is sometimes given for certain locations.
And in this case, in the Sub SetMainPage routine, line
imgCurrent.Image=AppPath & "\themes\" & INI.themeDir & "\conditions\" & WeatherConditionImages(WeatherCurrent.code)
generates an error.

There does also exist a condition code 0 (tornado), you shoud add an image 0.jpg for this code.

The images in your last version look nicer to me than those from the nws.
Didn't you have a link for their images in your first post ?

Best regards.

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi digitaldon37,
I had a look at your program, very nice and interesting.

One suggestion would be to insert somewhere the link to
Yahoo! Weather
where the user can find its location(s) from all around the world.

I tried some locations from Europe, works fine.

In your code you should add a test if
WeatherCurrent.code = 3200
3200 is the unknown code, this code is sometimes given for certain locations.
And in this case, in the Sub SetMainPage routine, line
imgCurrent.Image=AppPath & "\themes\" & INI.themeDir & "\conditions\" & WeatherConditionImages(WeatherCurrent.code)
generates an error.

There does also exist a condition code 0 (tornado), you shoud add an image 0.jpg for this code.

The images in your last version look nicer to me than those from the nws.
Didn't you have a link for their images in your first post ?

Best regards.

Hi Klaus - thanks for the feedback and finding the bugs - I'll get those added to the next release.

I haven't decided exactly how to let the user find their location id yet. I am thinking of added a new program form with agraham's webbrowser library and inserting the Yahoo page (there doesn't seem to be a web service available) and to capture the result.

The original icons (before I grabbed the Yahoo icons) I think I got from here: Weathericons - Weatherstation Salo, Halikko, FI. I was going to go back and put together a post on how to change the theme and weather icons.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi digitaldon37,

I wanted to learn a bit more in retrieving web information, so I took your program as a first sample.

As once suggested, I took the liberty to add a location search to your program.
I didn't make any cosmetics.

If you are interested in you can for shure use it.

I post only the sbp file.

Best regards.

Attachments

• Weather.sbp
    33.6 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi digitaldon37,

I wanted to learn a bit more in retrieving web information, so I took your program as a first sample.

As once suggested, I took the liberty to add a location search to your program.
I didn't make any cosmetics.

If you are interested in you can for shure use it.

I post only the sbp file.

Best regards.

This is great! I will add it to the next developer release. Thanks Klaus! :)

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
version .25

Developer's version .25 has been uploaded to the main post. This version contains the location look-up code that Klaus generously provided.

I am going to try to wait at least a week before adding any new enhancements. This will give me enough time to test this thoroughly. Thanks to everyone for their help and feedback.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi digitaldon37,

In the location search part of the program you should change one line.
B4X:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]cbxCountry_SelectionChanged (Index, Value)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] txt[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]  cbxCity.Visible=[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]True[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]  RegionI=Index[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]  txt=[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"http://weather.yahoo.com/"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]&AL2.Item(Index)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]  WebRequest(txt)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]  BrowseSubRegional[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]  If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] cbxCity.Count > [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=red][B]20 [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]AND [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]StrAt[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2](cbxCity.Item([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]),[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]) = [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]StrAt[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2](cbxCity.Item(cbxCity.Count-[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]),[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]) [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Then[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]    cbxAlphabet.Visible = [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]True[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]    cbxAlphabet.SelectedIndex=[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]  Else[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]    cbxAlphabet.Visible = [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]False  [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]  End [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]End Sub[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

You should replace 1 by 20. Because the routine checks if the first character of the first and last city name is equal and if yes displays the alphabet combobox.
Unfortunately for Estonia there is only 1 city list but the first and last city names begin with the same character.

Best regards.

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi digitaldon37,

In the location search part of the program you should change one line.
B4X:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]cbxCountry_SelectionChanged (Index, Value)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] txt[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]  cbxCity.Visible=[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]True[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]  RegionI=Index[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]  txt=[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"http://weather.yahoo.com/"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]&AL2.Item(Index)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]  WebRequest(txt)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]  BrowseSubRegional[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]  If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] cbxCity.Count > [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=red][B]20 [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]AND [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]StrAt[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2](cbxCity.Item([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]),[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]) = [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]StrAt[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2](cbxCity.Item(cbxCity.Count-[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]),[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]) [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Then[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]    cbxAlphabet.Visible = [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]True[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]    cbxAlphabet.SelectedIndex=[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]  Else[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]    cbxAlphabet.Visible = [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]False  [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]  End [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]End Sub[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

You should replace 1 by 20. Because the routine checks if the first character of the first and last city name is equal and if yes displays the alphabet combobox.
Unfortunately for Estonia there is only 1 city list but the first and last city names begin with the same character.

Best regards.

Thanks. I made the change and am testing with some other minor tweaks.

D

Deleted member 103

Hi digitaldon37,

thank you, very good work.:sign0188:

Ciao,
Filippo

Attachments

• capture001.jpg
    capture001.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 348

JOTHA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi digitaldon37,

very nice work! :sign0188:

Do you also want to have it in other languages (German)?

Attachments

• Wetter.jpg
    Wetter.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 315