POLL: What do you use B4X for

How do you use B4X

• Total voters

mrjaw

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a few app using B4A and B4i. I have POS with tablet for restaurant and food trucks, POS for supermarket, production line app to check quality about bottles, apps for orders to supermarkets and drugstore, app for track slot machines and so on.
These app, most, for b4i too

magdoz

Licensed User
Hi friends. Borred with SAP/Oracle/MAGIC/.. just got one freedom to do what I want.. ! I do what I want whit this B4X.. No restrictions, only one good team/teacher we got. Thanks

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Simply - everything...

I dont know other frameworks - and quite frankly - I dont want to... I understand this B4X.
I have tried others and been sorely disappointed - after wasting much time.

I started way back when with B4A - when we only had Activities...
Look at us now!

Then @Erel introduced B4J - what the heck is Java?
Now I know it is my best friend. I never could have imagined...
Web Apps? How do you do that? - ABM - that's how....

I have written some very complex systems with B4X - often not knowing it was even possible.
Yet I discovered that it was so simple - way beyond belief - and what I did not know - I reached out to the community.

Aside from the supreme functionality of B4X, the power of our community makes it all happen.
When I need something that I can't write - or afford the time to figure it all out (spend many days trying) , I ask the community.
These wonderful people reply with a solution - often within seconds - to my request. !!!

This place is strange.... I have not seen others that work this way - so open - so giving. Can someone show me other sites?

I am truly grateful for B4X and all that makes it work so well.

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Total commercial developement for me - my primary business ( commpaypro.com ) B4X iOS and B4A apps allow my customer's field technicians to do all field inventory control and invoicing with the apps. The apps incorporate over 100 web service APIs that communicate with my production servers 24 hours a day.

I started using B4A about 5 years ago and am converting the B4A app to B4i now with an expected release date for the iOS app in about 2 weeks. My business SAS software is primarily aimed at any type of service, installation, and repair business - think satellite broadband, cable installers, alarm and security contractors, Directv contractors, Dish Network contractors, applicance and electronic repair, etc.. I have customers using the app in all 50 US states, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico.

Last edited:

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
A little tricky for me to answer too - B4X is what I use as part of my R&D job. I'm certainly not a full time programmer but when I write it's exclusively in B4X

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Simply - everything...

I dont know other frameworks - and quite frankly - I dont want to... I understand this B4X.
I have tried others and been sorely disappointed - after wasting much time.

I started way back when with B4A - when we only had Activities...
Look at us now!

Then @Erel introduced B4J - what the heck is Java?
Now I know it is my best friend. I never could have imagined...
Web Apps? How do you do that? - ABM - that's how....

I have written some very complex systems with B4X - often not knowing it was even possible.
Yet I discovered that it was so simple - way beyond belief - and what I did not know - I reached out to the community.

Aside from the supreme functionality of B4X, the power of our community makes it all happen.
When I need something that I can't write - or afford the time to figure it all out (spend many days trying) , I ask the community.
These wonderful people reply with a solution - often within seconds - to my request. !!!

This place is strange.... I have not seen others that work this way - so open - so giving. Can someone show me other sites?

I am truly grateful for B4X and all that makes it work so well.

As always buddy - you write exactly what I think only your wording is way better than mine! ;-)

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not to demean our Forum in any way but I am also member of two Forums whose members are always forthcoming to help others and many times giving solution codes.
  1. DonationCoder Forum https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php
  2. HMG Forum https://www.hmgforum.com/
Regards,

Anand
You piqued my interest. I went to https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php
and there is nothing that tells me what this forum is for or what it does. Can you brief me?
Thanks
Kim

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have to say "learning to program"
I wrote a monster of a program a few years back called BTInterface.
The concept was simple, people make machines and half of what they make is something to control the machine.
The idea was to slap a bluetooth module on it and use your phone or tablet to control it.
Instant Bluetooth interface to your creation.
You don't have to build a box of switches and displays etc.
Got too complex.
I even had it where you could send texts to a phone that would then relay the commands to your machine.
Silly complex and not what people want.
Progamming should be fun and that turned out to not be so much fun.
It kind of turned me off for progamming for a couple of years but I'm thinking of re-addressing it, keeping it simple and for monatizing perhaps have two goals in mind.
The one would be free to hobbyists and the second would be a monthly subscription to 'make it yours' so perhaps for a couple of dollars per month the app would appear to be something that you made etc.
Erel is a master programmer and as we can see is very generous, not only with his creations but also with his knowledge so I'm going to swallow my pride, dust my self off and start all over again :)

Anniecl0

You are right @alwaysbusy. Its hard to select 1 option. I use it for Partime Development (I supplement my living from it)
But Its my favorite so I can choose 2nd option too.