B4A Library Pollfish -A new innovative way to monetize your apps! Forget about ads!

Hello everyone,

My name is Andreas and I am one of the founders of Pollfish (http://www.pollfish.com). Pollfish is a new innovative way of monetization for mobile apps that delivers 10-20x more revenue than classic mobile advertising! At Pollfish we monetize with surveys! Integration of the single line SDK is easy, fast and does not reserve any extra space on the developer's app UI as its displayed as an overlay:

Pollfish provides minimal intrusion and high payouts. Users responding to Pollfish surveys win prizes - happy users! Pollfish surveys are displayed through an app only when a paid survey is available, otherwise nothing is shown to the users as if Pollfish was never integrated in the app before. The minimum revenue for each completed survey through an app is $0.30! Payments occur on a monthly basis with minimum payment at $30.0.

In addition, Pollfish can be used along with any other ad platform as it is displayed as an overlay and it can be placed anywhere in an app, just to bring extra revenue! Most of our developers use us as a supplementary source of revenue at the moment along with other ad platforms! Pollfish inventory includes both global and localised surveys on different regions.

Moreover, app owners can perform internal surveys on their users for free. With this option they can talk to their own user base, understand better their needs, listen to feature requests and get real feedback for their app. And all that for free just by using Pollfish.

You can see our video below:

Video

Or download Pollfish Android demo app from Google Play, where you can see how a Pollfish survey is displayed through a mobile app!

Demo App

You can find Pollfish Android SDK B4A Wrapper and integration manual here.

If you need any help, just pm me.

Cheers,

Andreas

1571d1387290799t-pollfish-new-innovative-way-monetize-your-apps-forget-about-ads-unnamed.jpg
1572d1387291518t-pollfish-new-innovative-way-monetize-your-apps-forget-about-ads-unnamed2.jpg

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for developing a B4A wrapper. I am currently developing an app that will give a perfect opportunity to give this a try.

It took me a couple seconds to find the B4A wrapper. I followed your link to: Pollfish (http://www.pollfish.com), clicked on Monetize, clicked the "See SDK & Documentation" button, then a couple lines beneath the red "Android SDK Documentation" button there is a link for "More Android Plugins/Wrappers here".

One question:
I will have several "pages" within the same Activity of my app. I want the Pollfish button displayed if there is a survey available on the first page, but not the other two pages.

If I use the Initialize (not InitializeCustom) method in Resume, and call the Show method when the first page is showing and Hide method when either of the other two pages is showing, this will accomplish the above functionality?

The documentation for the Show and Hide methods could read:
Show – allows the Pollfish button to appear if a survey is available.
Hide – prevents the Pollfish button from appearing even if there is a survey available.

Thanks,
Barry.

andreasvour

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey @canalrun thank you for your message. You can use init and call hide immediately after that. On the first page you call show and on all other pages you call hide!

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Andreas,

Thank you for making B4A plugin. I want to ask you about your fill rate for Asia, especially South East Asia. Do your polls use another languages beside English?

Thank you so much.

andreasvour

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @susu thank you for your message.

We do have both global and local surveys running through the platform every day so you should not worry about that. Fill rate numbers change day by day as survey creators come and go to the platform in an ad-hoc, unpredicted way to use our DIY survey tool!

Pollfish provides multilingual support. However surveys language depends on survey creator needs. We have surveys from different languages running through the platform every day.

If you have more questions please let me know I will be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Andreas

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Andreas for quick reply. One more question: Do you plan to make B4i (iOS) library? It will be great to use your network on both Android and iOS.

melvin2345

Licensed User
Longtime User
When developing my apps, I can set debuggable to true, and I can see the test. When I set it to false, no surveys ever show up. I added Pollfish to my most widely used app several days ago, compiled it and uploaded it to Play. As of today, my Pollfish dashboard shows 1 user. Any ideas?

andreasvour

Licensed User
Longtime User
When developing my apps, I can set debuggable to true, and I can see the test. When I set it to false, no surveys ever show up. I added Pollfish to my most widely used app several days ago, compiled it and uploaded it to Play. As of today, my Pollfish dashboard shows 1 user. Any ideas?

Hello @melvin2345. Pollfish dashboard counts the unique number of times Pollfish init function was called from within your app. If you have 1 user on the dashboard and your app is published most probably Pollfish init is never called from within your app. Please do let me know your Pollfish account so we can check if everything is ok on our side. My email is [email protected]!

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Pollfish,
I downloaded your demo app and installed on my phone. After that, I opened the app, but thee is no survey shown! I am from one country of South East Asia. Can you check that?

Thanks you for making this wrapper available to B4A community :)

andreasvour

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Pollfish,
I downloaded your demo app and installed on my phone. After that, I opened the app, but thee is no survey shown! I am from one country of South East Asia. Can you check that?

Thanks you for making this wrapper available to B4A community :)

Hello @cambopad, thank you for considering Pollfish. It does not matter where you are since it is a demo app and servers only demo surveys. If you cannot see any survey this means that you have Opt-out from interest based ads option enabled in your Google Settings -Ads section. Please disable in order to be able to receive surveys!

If you have more questions I will be happy to help

migrec

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey, just tried this but this is what I get in the activity that contains pollfish (it's not the main activity):
Screenshot_2015_01_28_12_32_17.png

migrec

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would share more info if I knew what the error was, sorry but I have no idea. I tried to implement Pollfish to my app and got the error on my phone (as the screenshot above)
Maybe someone has an example code that I can look at and find the error that way?

melvin2345

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting the following error when compiling:

Convert byte code - optimized dex. Error
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/ads/AdRequest;
at com.android.dx.dex.file.ClassDefsSection.add(ClassDefsSection.java:122)
at com.android.dx.dex.file.DexFile.add(DexFile.java:161)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processClass(Main.java:685)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processFileBytes(Main.java:634)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.access$600(Main.java:78)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main$1.processFileBytes(Main.java:572)
at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processArchive(ClassPathOpener.java:284)
at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processOne(ClassPathOpener.java:166)
at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.process(ClassPathOpener.java:144)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processOne(Main.java:596)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:498)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMonoDex(Main.java:264)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.run(Main.java:230)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:199)
at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:103)
1 error; aborting
Optimized dexer failed. Switching to Standard dexer.

In #Region Module Attributes, I have added:
#extends: com.pollfish.pollfishB4A.PollFishActivity
#AdditionalJar: C:\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\libs\google-play-services.jar
#AdditionalJar: C:\Android\android-sdk\extras\android\support\v4\android-support-v4.jar
#AdditionalRes: C:\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res, com.google.android.gms

The Reference libraries I have are:
AdMob (version: 1.36)
Core (version: 4.01)
pollfishB4A (version: 1.00)

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.