pop up while reading database

hlo

Licensed User
on a program i'm writting, if the database is rather big I want a popup box (or something like it) that says "one moment please while I find your record". when the record is found i want the popup to programatically be removed and the data be shown. Msgbox won't work because you need an OK. pop.dll wont work as it's timed an the timing is undetermined.
Anybody got some ideas? :confused:
thanks in advance, HLO

hlo

Licensed User
Thanks a bunch! for all the suggestions

thanks for the suggestions. looks like a bunch of ways of doing it. :sign0060: I think i'll start with panel (why didn't I think of that one :sign0161: ) and work up the list.
popup.dll is a routine I found on the forum, can't remember who wrote it, makes a little popup but uses a timer.
the database(s) are in .csv format. I know I should use SQL for more speed (and may yet in the future) but the current requirements are for the database to be easily edited, from time to time, on the hard held. With about 300+ records (clients) it slows to about a 2 second wait on my htc8900. in most cases I don't for see that many records, but to be on the safe side...
Anyway, thanks to one and all.
:wav::wav:

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
popup.dll is a routine I found on the forum, can't remember who wrote it, makes a little popup but uses a timer.
Just for the record, It might have been me :)

@Erel, Agraham, someone ?
Would a notification.duration(5 seconds) halt the system for 5 secsonds ?
Would a timer?.tick(100) event still fire during this 5 second period

DoEvents ?

Sorry :sign0137: