Android Question PostString passing the Parameter string to ASP.NET Web API

Calvin Yee

Licensed User
Hi, Erel!

I'm not sure what I'm actuall doing wrong.

B4X:
Dim JobChgPwd As HttpJob
    JobChgPwd.Initialize("JobChgPwd", Me)
    JobChgPwd.PostString(Starter.URILink & "/api/customer/UpdatePassword", "UserLoginID=" & Starter.kvs2.GetSimple("CurrUserLoginID") & "&" & "NewPassword=" & txtConfirmPassword.Text.trim)
    JobChgPwd.GetRequest.SetHeader("Authorization","Bearer " & Starter.kvs2.GetSimple("CurrUserTokenAccess"))
    JobChgPwd.GetRequest.SetContentType("application/json")
    Wait For (JobChgPwd) JobDone(JobChgPwd As HttpJob)
    If JobChgPwd.Success Then
        Log(JobChgPwd.GetString)
        Dim jNDparser As JSONParser
        jNDparser.Initialize(JobChgPwd.GetString)
        Dim root As Map = jNDparser.NextObject
        Dim result As String = root.Get("result")
        Dim data As String = root.Get("data")
        Dim resultset As List = root.Get("resultset")
        If resultset.IsInitialized=True Then
            Msgbox(data,"Change Password")
        End If    
    End If
    JobChgPwd.Release

Running above coding and show following output:-
ResponseError. Reason: Not Found, Response: {"Message":"No HTTP resource was found that matches the request URI 'https://www.abc.com.my/api/customer/UpdatePassword'."}

API code:
public async Task<object> DoUpdatePassword(string UserLoginID, String NewPassword)

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Website not found. Thank you for your help. I´m out here, i do not want to get fooled.
Post a REAL URL to the download of the Example and/or Documentation. A FAKE URL is of ZERO help.

Alternatively you can contact your webmaster (the one from the asp site) and ask him what the problem is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Website not found.
It's up now, so must be intermittent issues with the site. It still does not work though
{"Message":"No HTTP resource was found that matches the request URI 'https://www.abc.com.my/api/customer/UpdatePassword'."}
Looks to me like there is no api service available at the link you posted. If it is, something is not configured properly on the servers end (@DonManfred's point). Once that is up and running we can talk about your code (your PostString call is not producing the proper URL as per API docs you posted).

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…