Share My Creation Power Blocks (Puzzle Game)

Attachments

• new1.png
    new1.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 3,881
Last edited:

Lahksman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just noticed that the rotation is implemented.
Looks good, but it's not easy to find the spot to be able to rotate. Because of that and the fact that you need to rotate larger blocks in several steps (I use it on a 5" phone), you often run out of time.
Maybe make the spot a little larger?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanx lahksman, but you dont need to touch the spot
the spot just tells you where the corner is that will rotate the piece and not move
you can touch it near to the spot (there is a tolerance)

it may be true that big pieces need more steps i can rotate the piece faster related to the movement. i just wanted to avoid a to fast rotation so i divide the rotation angle by 4
i could divide it by 2 and you should be able to make a full rotation in less steps

what do you think ?

Lahksman

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's not a problem that you need several steps to rotate the larger pieces. But i do find finding the rotation spot tricky, even with the tolerance. Maybe it's just a case of practice makes perferct.

I don't think that it's a good idea to make the rotation faster, that would give less accuracy. If you do that you would need a bigger tolerance on the angle when placing a piece on the board and that would make things too easy.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you do that you would need a bigger tolerance on the angle when placing a piece on the board and that would make things too easy.

this is correct

i think as you said its just a case of practice :)

maybe i will add multi touch support and if 2 fingers are touching the screen the rotation will start and if 1 then the piece will move. if i am not wrong AS should support multi touch (with the gesture lib of informatix)

but need to check that.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Btw i dont have the solutions i am a usual player like every one i just implemented a cheat to unlock all levels so i can try any level i want :)

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ilan,

nice game! I'm on level 33 now.
It's really addictive and oplays really well. I did occasionally have issues where shaped don't snap into place straight away but I think that because they're overlapping another one.

I don't know if there's a system to figure out how to do a level, I think my subconscious does it for me as I play and I just instinctively know where to place things.

The rotating pieces levels sound really hard! Can't wait to get to those

minor feedback point:
the level select would be nice if it could be a grid based level select showing all the levels you have finished and the locked levels left to do, as in other mobile games.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
nice game! I'm on level 33 now.

thank you andymc :) (not bad you have only 47 levels left :p)

I did occasionally have issues where shaped don't snap into place straight away but I think that because they're overlapping another one.

correct, the grid is build of triangles and i calculate for every triangle his centroid (center point)
every 4 triangle are creating a square and i also get the 4 dots from the square corners so you have for every 4 triangles that are 1 square 4 dots and 4 centroids (1 for each triangle)

now the square dots are the snap points (i call them magnet points in my code) and i add a tolerance and for each shape vector - square dots vector if < the magnet tolerance (like 5%x) the shape will snape and the centroid of all triangle inside that polygon will be blocked. now when i move the other piece i check if a blocked triangle centroid is under that polygon if true then that polygon wont snap!

The rotating pieces levels sound really hard! Can't wait to get to those

the grid gets bigger and bigger (until 8x8) and then it became really hard. the rotation level starts at level 36 and they are really fun to play.
(i found yesterday a bug in the rotated levels and uploaded a new version so you better make sure you run v1.06 before getting to level 36)

the level select would be nice if it could be a grid based level select showing all the levels you have finished and the locked levels left to do, as in other mobile games.

i did it like this in the beginning but then i thought i will add much more levels to it and i wanted to save the time to change that panel that will contain all levels but i could create easily a loop for that that will do it automatically, so maybe i will add it in the next update.

btw you can click in the level selection on the level number and an input-dialog will open and you can just write down the level instead of tapping a lot the arrow buttons.

Ohh and if you would like to see how i make those levels here you go :)

(see the description of this video, i am making promotion for b4x.com ;))

this level editor was created with the free development tool B4J
visit www.b4x.com to download b4j for free !! (100% for free!)

check also my apps on www.sagital.net

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay, I got to the rotatin objects levels, Seems tricky to get them to rotate at times, otherwise works great. This is a great idea for a game, no graphics skills required to make it, no music needed, so quick to make game without finding content.
the coolest thing is these sort of games still are able to get over a million downloads.

gz7tnn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ilan
Dont know if you have received any other reports, but on 2 devices I have that run 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 the game crashes. On my phone (4.4.4) it also kills another app that runs as a service.
I can play maybe 15 - 20 games before this happens and so far I have been unable to detect any particular action that triggers it.
The other app it kills is one I have written and is basically an sms app.
Let me know if you would like anything from me.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay, I got to the rotatin objects levels, Seems tricky to get them to rotate at times, otherwise works great.
new rotation function was added to the last version. (should be much easier to rotate a piece, see this: https://b4x.com/android/forum/threads/get-an-angle-between-2-lines.68192/page-2#post-432942)

Dont know if you have received any other reports, but on 2 devices I have that run 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 the game crashes. On my phone (4.4.4) it also kills another app that runs as a service.

thanx @gz7tnn can you please tell me what version have you installed? the latest is v1.07 i have removed something from the manifest that should fix that issue.

gz7tnn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ilan

I had the older version on my phone and v1.07 on the tablet. I have updated the phone to v1.07 however it is producing the same result.
While not an issue for me, it may be for others.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ilan

I had the older version on my phone and v1.07 on the tablet. I have updated the phone to v1.07 however it is producing the same result.
While not an issue for me, it may be for others.

thanx for informing me, does it happens on a specific point? have you sent the crash report to google play console?

gz7tnn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ilan.

I have not uploaded a crash report as I do not know how to do that. Point me to instructions and I will try and load one.
I did install 'log collector' off the Google Play in a hope that it would give me access to the logs, but am unable see anything relating to your app.
Just for a bit of clarity, your app simply closes as though I had pressed an 'exit' button. The OS does not show the usual 'Unfortunately xxx has stopped' message.

Interestingly the Log Collector app also crashes at the same time as your one closes and the OS does display the 'Unfortunately....' message for that one, much the same as my sms app does.
What I have done a few times that has caused your one to stop is:
Start the app
Press PLAY
move several tiles around to try and complete the level.
Before I complete the pattern I stop playing and dont touch the screen
After 2-3-4 minutes the app closes.
I have been playing this game for a while so had played quite a number of games - Level 1 I think though not certain of that.

This evening I did notice that the time line was not decreasing very fast, in fact was almost not decreasing at all - when I stopped moving the tiles around.
I have reset myself back to the start of level 1 and it has not stopped so far, so more investigation required there. The timeline now is reducing quickly.

If you can point me to getting the crash report then I can try and upload them for you.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ilan.

I have not uploaded a crash report as I do not know how to do that. Point me to instructions and I will try and load one.
I did install 'log collector' off the Google Play in a hope that it would give me access to the logs, but am unable see anything relating to your app.
Just for a bit of clarity, your app simply closes as though I had pressed an 'exit' button. The OS does not show the usual 'Unfortunately xxx has stopped' message.

Interestingly the Log Collector app also crashes at the same time as your one closes and the OS does display the 'Unfortunately....' message for that one, much the same as my sms app does.
What I have done a few times that has caused your one to stop is:
Start the app
Press PLAY
move several tiles around to try and complete the level.
Before I complete the pattern I stop playing and dont touch the screen
After 2-3-4 minutes the app closes.
I have been playing this game for a while so had played quite a number of games - Level 1 I think though not certain of that.

This evening I did notice that the time line was not decreasing very fast, in fact was almost not decreasing at all - when I stopped moving the tiles around.
I have reset myself back to the start of level 1 and it has not stopped so far, so more investigation required there. The timeline now is reducing quickly.

If you can point me to getting the crash report then I can try and upload them for you.

what phone are you using? i have uploaded a new build that include firebase admob and not the old admob lib. that may also fix some issues.

gz7tnn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ilan

Sony xperia M2 D2303
Android 4.4.4

I updated to your latest version v1.08 and still it is still happening.
I have deliberately not changed the level that I am playing because when I did that on my tablet, and started from the beginning of level 1, it has not happened - yet. It did take several successful game completions before the problem initially started.