Android Question Pre-Purchase Questions

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Eksatech, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Eksatech

Eksatech Member Licensed User

Hi,
    I am new for Android Programming and I think to start with B4A, I tried some and I like it, but I have some questions before purchase it.

1. Can I connect to MSSQL Server with B4A using IP address of MSSQL Server
    2. I have one device with integrated Barcode Scanner (Unitech PA700) Can I use directly this integrated scanner for input box barcodes ?
    3. Can I found and add new controls such as grids to use with B4A ?

If I am sure about these subjects I will purchase B4A.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Cableguy, eps and DonManfred like this.
  3. Eksatech

Dear Erel, thanks for your reply. Sorry but I have another few questions:

1. I checked discussions about to connect the MSSQL server but I can't download the necessary files (for example RDC_Client.zip). Are these files available for licensed users or page error?
    2. I can't find any codes for using integrated barcode scanner to try. What have I do?
    3. I saw at your link there are useful components but I can't open file links again.

After purchase license can I download all files in forum ?

Thanks.

4. Troberg

Troberg Well-Known Member Licensed User

1 & 3: Only available once you register.
    2: It works just like if you had typed it on the keyboard, so you don't need any special handling.

DonManfred likes this.
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

By "register" we mean "buy a B4A Licence"

KMatle and DonManfred like this.
  6. Eksatech

Thanks Cableguy, it is clear to understand. I will buy Licence.

Troberg said "It works just like if you had typed it on the keyboard, so you don't need any special handling" but there is a problem and I can't understand why. My device has a button to activate barcode reader, when you press it red lamp of the reader is on. However, I prepared a trial application and when I focused to edit box red lamp is not turned on when I press the button, so barcode reader doesn't activated. This is the reason of why I asked to handle code for this situation.

Thanks for your answers in advance again.

Cableguy likes this.
  7. Troberg

What happens if you don't have any textbox, and just captures keypresses?

Note: I haven't tried all bar code scanners, just a few, and when scanning, they simply sent keypresses as from a keyboard (except for serial devices, who sent it as serial data, but, even in that case, it should be capturable by B4A).

Take a deep breath, my friend, then dive head first into the device documentation.

Cableguy and DonManfred like this.
  8. Eksatech

Thanks for your support Troberg. I can't understand how but I restarted my device and barcode scanner of my device is running now.

I bought B4A licence and Now I need to connect MSSQL server.

RandomCoder likes this.
  9. Troberg

It's not a bug if it can't be replicated. :)

10. Eksatech

I understand the problem. If I run barcode reader with own test application first, then run my application the reader working properly, but, if I use directly my application first the reader can't work !!!

I think I have to write something for first loading but I don't know what I have to do :(

11. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

Without seeing what you have done and how it is hard to give advices

Cableguy likes this.
  12. Eksatech

Thanks DonManfred, I will work to solve, If I can find an answer I will inform here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice