Prevent menu from disapearing

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
I show a couple of menu buttons and a listview on one of my activities. The listview is in a panel which I only mention in case it makes a difference.

I want the menu to persist until I tap a menu item or the back key but it disappears when I touch/scroll the listview (which has no click event).

Any ideas?

Last edited:

splatt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this not due to the menu loosing its focus?

Even though your listview dosen't have a click event, it will still react to gestures. Default behavior?

Upvote 0

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this not due to the menu loosing its focus?

Even though your listview dosen't have a click event, it will still react to gestures. Default behavior?

Probably default behaviour so I am stuck with using another solution than the menu.

Upvote 0

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I was to replace the menu with standard buttons I need to know how the menu normally appears on devices I do not have access to.

For instance on my mobile the 2 menu buttons fill the entire width of the screen across the bottom which look good. How would an app with 2 menu buttons look on a tablet for instance? Filling the entire width sounds a little odd so I need some opinions from those who have seen a lot of android apps on various devices to get an idea of what I am striving for.

Is there a gallery of great interfaces somewhere on the web? It is a utility type app so game interfaces will not be much use as an inspiration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0