B4J Question problem B4J POP3 SMTP

fransvlaarhoven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

- I'm trying to connect to a mailserver using POP3 SSL port 995
- connecting to this mailserver using POP3 unencrypted port 110 works fine.
- connecting to this mailserver using POP3 SSL port 995 using Thunderbird also works fine.
- connecting to this mailserver using POP3 unencrypted port 110 works fine.

- I'm using B4J version 5.90 and jNet version 1.21

- I'm using SSL-certificate from Comodo
- this certificate is also used for the (jetty)server in the same application and making SSL-connections to this server works fine.
- the same certificates used for the configuration of the server are also installed in the default keystore of JRE (lib\security\cacerts)

However, when running the program, I still see the following error:

sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I suppose I'm doing something wrong but I've no clue what....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

fransvlaarhoven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Based on the error message the certificate is not recognized. As the certificate itself works with jServer then the problem is somewhere else.

Check the mail server configuration.

The mailserver configuration is correct: the mailserver is running and the SSL-pop3-port can be used from the outside using an external mail-client.
Futhermore, if the problem was with the configuration of the mailserver, it would be the mailserver generating errors and not the B4J-application.

Question: Jserver is configured using SslConfiguration in the B4J-application. Is something like that also needed for POP3 or is JRE retrieving the keys from the default java keystore?

Upvote 0

fransvlaarhoven

Licensed User
Longtime User
writing the most basic B4A program for testing pop3 on the mailserver, listmessages also generates the following error:

java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found.

But, contacting the same mailserver with thunderbird and downloading messages with pop3 from the same account works perfect!

Strange to say the least...

Upvote 0