Android Question Problem parsing the package with B4A-Bridge

Ivan Aldaz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. Got this problem just after installing B4A-Bridge (v2.60) from Google Play Store on a Vodafone Prime 6 (Android 5.0.1), without trying to run any app from the IDE. After trying several solutions seen on the Internet, I've done, in this order and no other thing, first a factory reset (hard reset) of the device, then allow "Install apps from unknown sources" and then install B4A-Bridge. It seems that B4A-Bridge is properly installed, but after run it, the phone keeps showing the "Problem parsing the package" error in a loop. After pressing "OK" the error is shown again in about 10 seconds. I think it can be because is trying to install B4A Designer, but I'm not sure, of course.

Just comment that previous releases of B4A-Bridge had been working fine on this phone for a long time, until (I think) v2.60. Perhaps it's enough for me if someone provides the .apk of a previous release.

Ivan Aldaz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Enabled USB debugging, but still nothing. I think the problem is related to B4A Designer and my phone, because with B4A-Bridge uninstalled I tried to install the B4A-Designer apk got from another phone, and get the error again, but only once. What settings may I change on my phone?

Upvote 0

Ivan Aldaz

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, Erel, I couldn't run the app via B4A Bridge.

Late..., but I did the trick.

In the Anywhere Software folder I've seen that there are two 'designer' apks: 'Designer.apk' and 'Designer9.apk'. From the date of the file I deduced that the apk that is installed on the device is 'Designer9.apk', which is the one that gave the error on MY device. I renamed the older file 'Designer.apk' to 'Designer9.apk', so that the actual file loaded is 'Designer.apk', and it worked fine.

Thank you.

--- EDIT---
Works fine, and the "Problem parsing the package" doesn't appear, but the B4A-Designer installation is requested each time the PC establishes the connection with the device.

Last edited:
Upvote 0