Problem uploading to Google Play

Monkeh

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been trying to upload my first app to Google Play but I'm having a problem. Using the old style dev console I seem to be able to upload my app ok. I then enter a description, title etc. and hit save and get 'unexpected error'.

I've read a lot about people having this problem and tried various things but to no avail.

So tried using the new style dev console. Description can be entered and screenshots uploaded and saved just fine. Go to upload my app and get to this point...

2nun5l1.png

My app neither needs nor requires an expansion file as it is well under the 50mb limit (it's under 220kb) and requires no external files. It doesn't have any licensing either.

I've been in touch with google a couple of times and they've gotten to the point of asking me to test my apk with the aapt tool to see if it has any errors. Done that, no problems. Sent them back a copy of the apk with the 'aapt dump badging' output. That was four days ago. Not heard anything back so thought I'd come here and ask for help.

I'm able to install the app to my phone directly (copying the apk from pc to the download folder on galaxy s3 then clicking on it on phone to install it) with no problems.

I did search the forums here before posting this but couldn't find anything specific to this.

I'm hoping someone else using b4a has had this problem and can help me with a solution. Or at least tell me if I'm having a Homer style D'oh moment and missing something really obvious.:signOops:

Will post code or attach APK if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
What web browser (and version number) are you using to submit your app to Google Play?

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
the only reason I asked is on the google play developer console support page it says they have some problems with ie8 and say to update your browser, so thought you might of had the same problem.

Upvote 0

Monkeh

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought it might have been browser related at first (and so did google when they first contacted me) so tried chrome etc. No joy.

I just don't understand that it seems to upload the apk but then gets stuck at this expansion file bit. I can select no expansion file but it won't let me continue past that point. Trying to use the old style console just results in it telling that I've already uploaded an apk with that package name.

I've also tried using a different computer with no joy. I think I might try using an old laptop I've got with Win XP on it tonight when I get home from work as so far I've been using Win 7. I can't see why it would make a difference but process of elimination and all that.

It's getting really frustrating now and google have just gone silent on me.

Upvote 0

pluton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try compile same apk with version code 2 and then update upload

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

Monkeh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I don't know how or why but tried to upload again just a couple of hours ago and suddenly all went smoothly. My first app is on Google Play.
I'm sure I can't be the only person who has had this problem. It would be interesting to hear if other people have encountered this and know what caused it.

Try compile same apk with version code 2 and then update upload

I did try that but didn't have any luck. Thanks though.

Upvote 0