iOS Question Problem with Debug not loading images and .bil file content

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
App runs fine if built and installed as a release .ipa
But when using debug to install and run, at first this was fine with a small project. Then as the project grew it started to not load the image files (fine I can live with that), but not it is not loading the .bil design files (I believe) and crashes as soon as it tries to do anything with a view defined in the .bil design.

like lblTitlebar.Text = "test" for example.

Any ideas? I am using the remote build server....

John

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Klaus, That's for your reply. unfortunately there is too much company sensitive code to publish the whole project.

I am converting a B4A project (which I am about two thirds completed) but as I said, all was working fine until this got to a stage where it got to a size when things started to not load.. I am sure it is size related. This is obviously causing me problems as I now can't work with debug and I am coding "blind"...

App still compiles without error and runs fine in release mode. (except the bits I am adding and still need to debug).

This is the error when run in debug.

Error loading bitmap: Error opening stream: The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory

Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
then when I change forms I get.

Application tried to push a nil view controller on target <UINavigationController: 0x14d4a840>.

Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am still not getting the images showing in debug.... Did this work in debug for you?

frmLogin (opening screen)

Error loading bitmap: Error opening stream: The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory

Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, Perhaps it is my iPad causing this...

No matter, at least with your previous advise I can continue using Debug, this one is only a minor issue :)

Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am once again getting problems with debug.

On my iPad it is working fine.
On my iPod Touch I am getting "Error loading Bitmap" as per screenshot attached.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    78.5 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0

eduardosiaga

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I have the same problem...

In release mode everything is OK but in debug I had several loading errors. I just changed the variable names as you mentioned but it keeps crashing.

at which address should I send you my project?

Thanks

Upvote 0