Android Question Problem with Firebase library is calling the SafetyNet Attestation API

NGUYEN TUAN ANH

Licensed User
Dear Mr @Erel and all members,
I am using Firebase library 3.0 in my B4A project
Now, I just received a warning email from The Google SafetyNet Attestation API Team as follows:
Coud you please help me, how to fix this.
Thanks you very much .!
Google Developers logo

Review the deprecation phases and migrate your use of SafetyNet Attestation API to Play Integrity API to avoid any disruptions in detecting risky interactions with your app.
Hello Android Developer,

We’re writing to remind you that, as we informed you on October 3, 2022, the Play Integrity API will consolidate several device integrity offerings (including the SafetyNet Attestation integrity verdict) under a single API.

What do I need to know?​

As a part of the gradual phase out of the SafetyNet Attestation API, new users will no longer be able to sign up for the SafetyNet Attestation API after January 31, 2023. This includes new developers signing up through SDKs.

This step will ensure no new users are caught unaware of the upcoming phase out of the SafetyNet Attestation API and are already using the Play Integrity API.

Your app is calling the SafetyNet Attestation API, which will become unavailable in June 2023. If your app is not directly calling the SafetyNet Attestation API then maybe one of the SDKs you are using is calling it on your behalf. If this is the case, please:

• Communicate to the SDK that the SafetyNet Attestation API is being deprecated. You can direct them to the SafetyNet Attestation API link mentioned above.
  • When a new SDK version that calls the Play Integrity API is available, integrate with it as soon as possible and publish a new version of your app.
The Play Integrity API includes all the integrity signals that SafetyNet Attestation offers and more, such as Google Play user licenses and better error messaging. The new API is designed so you can easily take advantage of future features with minimal build time required to upgrade.

Deprecation PhasePhase Description
Migration
Now
  • You should integrate with the Play Integrity API as soon as you can. In the meantime, SafetyNet Attestation will continue to work for your app.
  • In November 2022, we added a new field to the SafetyNet Attestation API attestation response with information regarding the transition and stopped increasing quota for SafetyNet Attestation API.
    • Follow the contents of this field for app-specific action items or confirmation on if an app has been marked as migrated to the Play Integrity API and will therefore continue to have SafetyNet Attestation API access until the full turndown in June 2024.
  • After January 2023, new users will not be able to enable SafetyNet Attestation API, including in Google Cloud Console.
Migration deadline
June 30, 2023
  • If you’ve migrated to the Play Integrity API, SafetyNet Attestation will continue to work on earlier versions of your app to allow time for users to update.
  • If you have not migrated, SafetyNet Attestation won’t work in any version of your app and will return an error.
  • SafetyNet Attestation will detect that you have migrated when your app actively calls the Play Integrity API in production.
Full turndown
June 30, 2024
The SafetyNet Attestation API will no longer work in any version of your app. Your app will receive an error.

What do I need to do?​

We recommend you migrate to the Play Integrity API immediately to avoid any disruptions in detecting risky interactions with your app and fighting abuse.

• If you’ve defined your anti-abuse strategy and are using the SafetyNet Attestation API, you’ll need to set up the Play Integrity API from your Play Console, then follow the migration guide.
  • If you’re not distributing your app through Google Play, you can use the Play Integrity API from the Google Cloud Console by following the steps shown at this link. By following those steps you don't have to create a Play developer account or publish a release in the Google Play Console.

We’re here to help​

We’re here to ensure you have a smooth migration. If you have any issues or questions, please visit the Play Console Help Center.

Your affected projects are listed below:

• xxxx
Thanks for choosing Google SafetyNet Attestation API.

—The Google SafetyNet Attestation API Team

Last edited: