problem with SMTP/POP3 and SSL

fransvlaarhoven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have an application running that sends and receives Email. This application runs perfect when using Gmail accounts.

However, when using our own mail server, things are going wrong when using a SSL. (without SSL, all works perfect)

When accessing the mail server with another mail client using SSL (outlook) all works perfect.

The mail server is a dedicated server in a data center running linux and PostFix, a pretty standard configuration.

I’m using B4A library Net version 1.30

The unfiltered log is as follows:

javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: SSL handshake aborted: ssl=0x1c6d70: Failure in SSL library, usually a protocol error
error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol (external/openssl/ssl/s23_clnt.c:683 0xad12956d:0x00000000)
at org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.NativeCrypto.SSL_do_handshake(Native Method)
at org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.OpenSSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(OpenSSLSocketImpl.java:474)
at org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.OpenSSLSocketImpl$SSLInputStream.<init>(OpenSSLSocketImpl.java:750)
at org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.OpenSSLSocketImpl.getInputStream(OpenSSLSocketImpl.java:692)
at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient._connectAction_(SocketClient.java:146)
at org.apache.commons.net.smtp.SMTP._connectAction_(SMTP.java:257)
at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:173)
at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:193)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.net.SMTPWrapper$1.run(SMTPWrapper.java:204)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:444)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:306)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1088)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:581)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1019)
GC_EXPLICIT freed 11K, 49% free 2790K/5379K, external 408K/517K, paused 36ms

As I can’t imagine that I’m the first user of B4A using SMTP and POP3 with a mailserver, I assume somewhere someone must know what is going wrong. I looked for answers in the forum but found nothing…

Thanks in advance for your help

fransvlaarhoven

Licensed User
Longtime User
it seems to be a tricky problem. Somewhere a switch is set to force the use of TLL and it works. Now the problem is that an app that used to run fine with GMail just crashes after some hours.
Looks a bit as there is something strange going wrong in the library

Upvote 0